What's new

TetherMe iPhone 4 to iPad3....

TBaGZ

Reaction score
Will this work over wifi? Nothing needed to be plugged in? Want to tether the iPad to the phone (verizon unlimited).

Also is the charge a one time deal or is it yearly? Doesn't really matter, but when I go to pay with Amazon it says valid from 6-1-12 and valid to 6-1-13.

Thanks.

TetherMe is a one time payment, after that you can freely tether as much as you want. And yes, tetherme will allow you to share your phone's 3G connection with any other wifi enabled device.

seems to be working perfect with my laptop... Now how do I get a toggle on sbsettings?

TBaGZ said:
seems to be working perfect with my laptop... Now how do I get a toggle on sbsettings?

It does not work in iOS 5.

I did and it is not working.... I turn it on close the window. Reopen the window and it is off.

Eh, not a big deal. I appreciate the help though.

"<j0sh> 4there's something you can't get around
[23:44] <j0sh> 4called the TTL
[23:44] <j0sh> 4which records the number of hops the packets take to get to their destination
[23:44] <j0sh> 4but when you add your computer to the end of the line
[23:44] <j0sh> 4your TTL has one too many hops"

true? Gunna get pinched?

"<j0sh> 4there's something you can't get around
[23:44] <j0sh> 4called the TTL
[23:44] <j0sh> 4which records the number of hops the packets take to get to their destination
[23:44] <j0sh> 4but when you add your computer to the end of the line
[23:44] <j0sh> 4your TTL has one too many hops"

true? Gunna get pinched?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

This is what I love about the internet. 90% of the information on it is "subjective" at best. IE the information is wrong in some fashion.

TTL = Time To Live. Has NOTHING to do with hops.

And you can't ping a device behind a NAT unless you purposely route ICMP Type 8 packets to that device OR you designate the device as the DMZ. And neither condition gives you an extra "hop".

j0sh doesn't understand how ICMP works on TCP/IP. Not even a little bit.

Skull's right, j0sh is just paranoid or misinformed. MyWi is detectable because the signal is routed through a 3rd party application so the data has an app signature that the carriers can look for. TetherMe enables native tethering so to the carriers, the data that is being tethered appears as if it were just normal data being used by the device itself. The only thing(within reason) that they could do, would be to assume that you are tethering based on the amount of bandwidth you are using, but that would never justify them being able to do something about it.

If it makes you feel any better, I have been tethering with TetherMe on Verizon since November with an average of 2-3gb/month in tethering alone and I have yet to receive so much as a warning.