What's new

Tethered to Untethered

cody3819

Reaction score
Was wondering if you jailbreak your iPhone tethered using redsnow and a untethered break comes out for ios5 can u switch jailbreaks

From what our Jailbreak gurus here are saying... chances are yes. Although, nothing is set in stone yet.

G-Weezy said:
I know that we are on tethered jailbreak, so what I did was copied Redsn0w and the iOS ispw 5.0 files in my flash drive. Anytime it has a boo boo I know I can boot anywhere, just a thought I wanted to share.

That's not a bad idea at all!! I have an older 256MB drive laying around... I'll make that happen!

I know that we are on tethered jailbreak, so what I did was copied Redsn0w and the iOS ispw 5.0 files in my flash drive. Anytime it has a boo boo I know I can boot anywhere, just a thought I wanted to share.

Do you need the firmware?

My phone crashed yesterday whilst at work and was stuck on the apple logo, so just downloaded redsn0w on my work PC and 'just boot' tethered and all good.

And don't forget, the PC you use it on must have the DFU and Recovery Mode device drivers loaded, which normally means iTunes must be installed... It's not just a case of being able to boot off any old PC if you carry around the files...