What's new

Telus iPhone 4 on a US carrier

captainflowers91

Reaction score
A friend of mine is originally from Canada but is living in the US for College. She already has an iPhone but its a Telus (Canadian carrier) phone. I know I can Jailbreak it, no big deal. Telus uses a CDMA network so I know there are US carriers that use the same signal type. I know I would need a SIM card from the US provider, but is anybody aware of whether or not it's possible to use this phone on a (preferably pre-paid) US carrier via Jailbreaking or some other hack?

Also, she wants to make sure she can still use the phone in Canada, but I'm pretty sure that when she left for Canada all she would need to do is put in her Telus SIM card

A friend of mine is originally from Canada but is living in the US for College. She already has an iPhone but its a Telus (Canadian carrier) phone. I know I can Jailbreak it, no big deal. Telus uses a CDMA network so I know there are US carriers that use the same signal type. I know I would need a SIM card from the US provider, but is anybody aware of whether or not it's possible to use this phone on a (preferably pre-paid) US carrier via Jailbreaking or some other hack?

Also, she wants to make sure she can still use the phone in Canada, but I'm pretty sure that when she left for Canada all she would need to do is put in her Telus SIM card

The phone is likely locked to Telus and would not work with any other cellular carrier. Jailbreaking wouldn't help in this case. The phone would have to be unlocked before using another carrier. Apple N Berry is the only unlocking service recommended by iPhone Forums.

The phone is likely locked to Telus and would not work with any other cellular carrier. Jailbreaking wouldn't help in this case. The phone would have to be unlocked before using another carrier. Apple N Berry is the only unlocking service recommended by iPhone Forums.

Alright so this "Apple N Berry" tool may allow me to "remove" (as it were ) the limiters on the Telus chip, allowing it to be used on US CDMA networks? Sorry to ask such a stupid question, but I've always been more of an Android loyalist (please don't stone me lol). I am familiar with "Jailbreaking, but I've never heard of "Apple N Berry" and since it isn't my phone, I'm a bit paranoid about what all I do with it. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again