What's new

Taking pictures from video?

Doesn't the iOS 6 update allow us to take stills from video.. w/o using the "screen shot?"

Doesn't the iOS 6 update allow us to take stills from video.. w/o using the "screen shot?"

I believe it's during the filming of a video, not during playback. I could be mistaken. I've not played with this feature.

I believe it's during the filming of a video, not during playback. I could be mistaken. I've not played with this feature.
I haven't either... that's why I commented. I do believe you're right though... it has the ability to take pics during the recording process and not the playback.

Well, if you time it right, pause the video you're playing that you want a picture of and press the home and power button at the same time for the pic (for a screen shot). I figured this out when i was recording my 2 sons at the beach.

I'm not sure about the quality of the screen shot picture though.

If you have the iPhone 5, there's a camera button on the screen (bottom right) whilst your shooting a video. Pressing the camera allows you to take photos whilst filiming.

If you have the iPhone 5, there's a camera button on the screen (bottom right) whilst your shooting a video. Pressing the camera allows you to take photos whilst filiming.

I think the OP wanted to take the pic after the fact; video already recorded.

I think I_Luv_Apple rightly said. The new iPhone 5 has a unique function and probably the useful for most users. With this function user can capture photo while recording video. On the right side video recording, you can see a button in camera symbol & once clicked the picture will automatically be saved in the camera roll of your terminal.

Sorry I misunderstood. I think the only way you can take a photo from a video is by trimming the video down and taking a screen shot. Hope this helps. Good luck!

It is possible to take still pictures while recording video. See the new iOS 6 manual, Chapter 12, Camera, page 75. Record a Video:.......... Capture a Still Photo While Recording:

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

Here is what it looks like when you're taking video. There is that little camera button, just press while filming and a still shot is made with no interruption to the recording.

$image-1024646689.jpg

Geez, how many replies are we going to see showing NOT what the OP asked? He/she does NOT wish to take pics while recording video - he/she wants to know if it's possible to capture photos from video "after the video has been recorded". Sigh...