What's new

Takes a long time to start

amyberta

Reaction score
my iPhone 6 takes a very long time to start after I have shut it off. Is this normal.

How long is it taking? Unless we know how long it takes we can't tell you if it's taking longer than it should.

That is a long time. You could try a hard reset. Hold the Home button and On/Off button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears- then let go. The phone will restart. This reboots the phone. You won't lose any data.

I just tested my to get a frame of reference. 40 seconds although it felt longer.

40 seconds is far too long to boot up. Has the hard reset helped? If not you could always back everything up then restore it. Aside from that the only thing I could suggest is to ease up on the memory hogging apps.

40 seconds is far too long to boot up. Has the hard reset helped? If not you could always back everything up then restore it. Aside from that the only thing I could suggest is to ease up on the memory hogging apps.
The original poster reported 4 minutes. So i powered down my iPhone and tested how long it took to boot up after that. This is not the same as just clicking the off button and then clicking the home button to get the lock screen.

I haven't done a hard reset yet, but I will try it tomorrow and see what happens.

Before I did a hard reset I timed how long it took to start, it was under a minute, same as after reset. I guess it wasn't as long as I thought. LOL.

I told you, feels like forever. But it's good to know you are only just impatient, like me!
LOL, I wanted to take a picture of an entertainer we had, but by the time my phone came on he had already left.