What's new

Syncing problems

Skeptika

Reaction score
Hi there, my Iphone5 has been acting up lately following a fake screen + battery change (due to being in africa at the time with no other choice); I am trying to back up my data since I have already had the screen frozen on apple logo for a while even after restarting - asking me to restore, but I get the following message 'Itunes could not connect to your iphone because an invalid response was received from the device' - even though I correctly press the 'Trust' button when plugging the cable into my (correct) computer.
Can someone assist?
Many thanks

Hi there, my Iphone5 has been acting up lately following a fake screen + battery change (due to being in africa at the time with no other choice); I am trying to back up my data since I have already had the screen frozen on apple logo for a while even after restarting - asking me to restore, but I get the following message 'Itunes could not connect to your iphone because an invalid response was received from the device' - even though I correctly press the 'Trust' button when plugging the cable into my (correct) computer.
Can someone assist?
Many thanks
You’re going to have to get the touchscreen on your iPhone working before it can be synced to iTunes on your computer.
A DFU restore will get you a working iPhone unless there are hardware faults but it will erase your iPhone. DFU mode to Restore | Official Apple Support Communities

Do you have any backups dating from before you replaced the screen?

Thank you Scifan. My touchscreen IS working.

Make sure iTunes is up to date. The latest version is 12.6.2.

If it's up to date, remove iTunes and reinstall it:
Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later

Here's what you could try as well:
Use a different cable when you connect your iPhone to the computer.
Try a different USB port.
Force start your iPhone: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. As soon as it appears, let go of both. Your iPhone will power up on it's own.
Reboot the computer.
Reset network settings on your iPhone (Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings). You'll have to set Wi-Fi, ... up again afterwards.

Hope that helps.