What's new

Synchronising iPhone with laptop automatically and wirelessly

Your iPhone should appear in iTunes whenever both devices (iPhone and computer) are connected to the same Wi-Fi, not just for one session.
Check your firewall settings and your security settings. They could be the reason for your issue.

When my iPhone and laptop are connected to the same Wifi network at my home, my iPhone shows up in iTunes. However, when my iPhone and laptop are connected to the same Wifi network at work, my iPhone does not show up in iTunes. I therefore conclude that the issue is not with the settings with my laptop (e.g., a firewall or security settings) or with my iPhone.

Is the issue with something in the settings of the Wifi at work?

Maybe certain websites, such as iTunes, are blocked on your work WiFi? Can you access the iTunes Store on your iPhone when connected to your work WiFi?

Yes, I can access the iTunes store.

I used to have this problem only over my work network. however, now, after having changed my home network to a new provider with Wi-Fi access, I can no longer access the iPhone wirelessly through iTunes. The only way to sync it at home or through work is through connecting the phone with the cable. Once the cable is unplugged, the phone disappears from iTunes, even when both the phone and the laptop are connected to the same network.

What could be the problem?