What's new

Sync Notes with iPad

hkbs99

Reaction score
Having read lots of instructions via Google & Safari, my iCloud Notes are still not syncing between my iPad Pro and my IPhone 6s+.
My iPad shows 57 Notes in iCloud, my iPhone only 53 Notes.
I have tried rebooting both but that hasn't helped.
How can I correct this please?

I've just noticed that if I create a note in iCloud on my iPad, it shows on my iPhone but not the other way round.[emoji15]

Take a look at your iPhone's settings in Settings - Notes. Do you have "On My iPhone" Account enabled? If so, you'll have some of your notes on your iPhone only, and they won't sync to the iPad.

Copy the notes that are on your iPhone only to the synced notes, and disable On My iPhone Account in Settings - Notes.

Are both devices up to date? The latest software for iPhone 5 and later is 10.1.1, the iPhone 4s is up to date with 9.3.5.
For iPad 2 and 3, the latest iOS is also 9.3.5, iPad 4 and onwards should be up to date with 10.1.1.

Make sure there's a most recent backup to iTunes, just to make sure you won't lose any information.
That done, go to www.icloud.com on a computer, make sure the notes are there. Then disable Notes in Settings - iCloud on your iPhone amd your iPad. This will also remove the notes from your iDevice. Wait for a few seconds and enable it again.