What's new

Swype Texting for iPhone

chipsamoy

Reaction score
I know Apple currently doesn't allow Swype texting for the iPhone.

Everywhere I read, it is such a popular thing that people want for the iPhone. I know it is a lengthy and very difficult process for someone to create such a thing, but how come it hasn't been created in Cydia for jailbroken iPhone users?

Or at least used in biteSMS or iRealSMS?

The shapewriter app is just a hassle when having to copy and paste into SMS or e-mail.

Personally, swiping is not that neat. I tried it and with (much) practice, it could work, but it's tricky. Using something like Dragon Dictation is easier, IMHO. Or just get real adept with double-thumb typing!

I readed somewhere that this feature will be present in iPhone5, maybe apple will add this feature in the future iOS update release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Shapewriter is no longer available anywhere that I can find. Not into wanting to jailbreak my phone, just not that technical. Does anyone have a link where I can find it but not have to jailbreak the phone?

My girlfriend has Swype on her Droid and I can attest that it isn't all that great either..

I use (note the use of the present tense, my 4S arrives by UPS Monday!) on my Nokia N8. Like any novel technology there is a definite learning curve, and with Swype quite a long learning curve. For me it was well worth it. Once mastered it is incredibly fast and accurate. It is definitely something I miss on my iPad and I know I will definitely miss on my iPhone.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will eventually make it to Apple's AppStore.

My girlfriend has Swype on her Droid and I can attest that it isn't all that great either..

With all due respect, I have had a droid for over a year with Swype and LOVE it. I just bought the 4s last week and am having serious difficulty getting used to typing without it!!! I can type twice as fast with Swype - especially with my fat fingers.

Have swype on my infuse and love it, fast and accurate when you get used to it.

if your phone is jailbroken just install the iswipe app, works like a charm!

Had the iphone 4s for a year, was okay but couldn't stand not having swype text, actually caused finger strain going back too regular texting. I'm back to my android and refuse to use my iphone or buy any other iphone in the future unless it can use swype text. Swype was easy for me to learn, way faster, and I refuse to devolve back to regular texting, that was awful!

I used Swype on my old Nokia phone and it beats typing any day! You just need to get used to it. The text prediction on my 4S is pretty good though, as is voice dictation with Siri, so I don't really miss Swype that much; but yes, I'd certainly use it again in a heartbeat if it got added.

Last edited:
I don't even use the keyboard much anymore on my iPhone 4S, the microphone and Siri do most of what is needed - much faster than swiping.

Swype is one thing I really miss. I love my iPhone 4S & will not switch back to Android, but I hate typing on the iPhone. I have long nails & make so many mistakes. It drives me crazy!!

I have no problem w typing but yes remember swpe omg my husband doesn't even use it!
LOL instead his galaxy is talk to text or typing by finger.
I dount very much iohone will have swpe lol