What's new

Switching to iPhone 5. Can I keep my unlimited plan?

XDRoX

Reaction score
Can I keep my unlimited plan if I get an iPhone 5?
Thanks

yeah, from what ive heard, you can only keep it if you pay full price for the phone

Well you actually can see thats what im doing. ill explain i have Verizon Wireless by the way. This can be done two ways. One you use your upgrade to go in by the iphone 5 select the new data plan and go home call up verizon after you activate it, and ask to transfer your old phone back onto your number with the iphone on it. you have 14 days with verizon to switch back to your old plan after changes are made and that being buying the new iphone 5 and takeing it off your account right after purchase. then after you put your old phone back onto your bill you will tell them to put your unlimited data back onto it and hence you have you unlimited data now!

Ok so i hope everyone is still following , so now that you have your new iphone taken off your number and your old phone put on it what you have todo is now call back verizon one more time and switch your iphone( Which is now not considered a new phone phone, aka its considered as a phone that can just be added to your line and no changes will be made to you contract length or data plan ) back onto your number with the unlimited data plan. Now you can do this a different way by using someone elses upgrade on your plan and transferring the phone over to your number after purchase and hence keeping unlimited data. I am a ex verizon employee that's why i know this and want to explain to every one how "to stick it to the man"