What's new

Switching from Android to iPhone Guide [Video]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score

One of our admins over at our sister-site, DroidForums.net, created a cool video that folks here will find quite revealing and useful. Her name is @smalltowngirl13, and she is a huge fan of Android mobile smartphone tech. She owns more Android smartphones than just about anyone we have ever met, as she purchases almost every new flagship that comes out. Seriously, if she wanted to start her own smartphone business/museum with previous generation smartphones, she already has the inventory.

At any rate, this time, she decided to try out the other side of mobile tech by giving the Apple iPhone 6s Plus a shot. We appreciate that she wanted to try out how things are done in Apple-land. This is because she created this excellent demo video of how she transitioned her apps and capabilities from Android to iOS. She even figured out creative ways to create similar functionality to mimic what she loses from Android when migrating to iOS. This includes various Android specific functions and apps.

We respect that some folks use the Android instead of an iPhone, and we love all of our mobile tech sites. In fact, the other cool thing about this video is that you could just as easily reverse much of what is demonstrated in order to move from the iPhone to an Android.

Either way, the info is valuable and we appreciate @smalltowngirl13 for sharing her experience, as it's almost always good to try out different perspectives. Feel free to comment in the thread below to share your opinions.

I apologize up front for the android wear section where I don't have the Moto 360 in video frame very well...

Great job as always STG ...[emoji1303][emoji1303]

As another big fan of Android it's great to have options in iOS that help us newbies to the iPhone ...very happy with performance and looking forward to future devices ...

6s Plus [emoji390]

Great job as always STG ...[emoji1303][emoji1303]

As another big fan of Android it's great to have options in iOS that help us newbies to the iPhone ...very happy with performance and looking forward to future devices ...

6s Plus [emoji390]

Thanks for the collaborative help on the video :)!

smalltowngirl13,

I created an account here just so I could thank you for your video. I am a new convert to the iPhone. I spent 5 years on a Photon running Gingerbread... (I run my phones into the ground, lol), the 3 years before that on a Palm running Windows, and a short stint prior to that with Blackberry. But, I have never felt more disconnected as in the first days with my iPhone, and I was seriously considering trading it in for the S7. Thanks to you, the 6s Plus went from zero to hero in 24:50. That was a great comparison/tutorial. You covered (and eliminated) virtually every stumbling block I was facing - and I just wanted to say, Thank You!

-grrlgeek