What's new

Switching a Verizon iPhone 4s to the AT&T network

Antonio198622

Reaction score
Hi I had a quick question maybe some one can help with. I have a iPhone 4 on AT&T network my friend just gave me her iPhone4s but her carrier is thru Verizon. What's the best way to switch carries so I can use the iPhone 4s on AT&T network ... Thank you in advance

It will need to be unlocked. But remember her in the USA it will be locked to 2G/edge.

Antonio198622 said:
Hi I had a quick question maybe some one can help with. I have a iPhone 4 on AT&T network my friend just gave me her iPhone4s but her carrier is thru Verizon. What's the best way to switch carries so I can use the iPhone 4s on AT&T network ... Thank you in advance

I dont think you will be able to do that

I agree with iMarilina- can't switch a Verizon iPhone to AT&T the way you can switch carriers by changing a SIM card overseas on unlocked devices.

It will need to be unlocked. But remember her in the USA it will be locked to 2G/edge.

Actually, even the Sprint and Verizon iPhone 4s's support AT&T's 3G bands.

To get this to work, you need to call Verizon and ask them to unlock it. They probably won't, unless the account is at least 3 months old and in good standing.

I'm not sure this can be done. I know specifically that the 4 for AT&T cannot be used on Verizon and vice versa. I hadn't heard about anything changing with the 4S, though I could be wrong. As far as I know, they won't switch out.

I'm not sure this can be done. I know specifically that the 4 for AT&T cannot be used on Verizon and vice versa. I hadn't heard about anything changing with the 4S, though I could be wrong. As far as I know, they won't switch out.

Technically you can as all iPhone 4s's are exactly alike. But the us models are career locked. That means that you can not have the phone moved to a different carrier. I don't even think that Verizon would let you unlock the iPhone for anything other than over seas usage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

That's it. I thought it was something like that.