What's new

Suddenly my backup grew and i can't sync anymore

zstairlessone

Reaction score
So, in one day with no music added, no new apps, no pictures or video taken, and nothing removed or deleted my iCloud backup reported that I needed 4.3 GB of additional space to back up. The night before I was fine with 2GB of available cloud space for a net change of over 6 GB. I deleted all my photos from my camera roll and still not enough room. Looking at all the apps combined there is only 300MB that has the backup turned on. My total mail backup size is 400 MB. Now I cannot back up to the cloud....

So I plug into my PC and cannot change the backup to the PC - it starts syncing and locks up, then cancels the sync leaving a couple of apps not installed, but 'waiting' on my home page. I reset the phone (3 times - no touch of insanity there) but no joy.

I then upgraded from iTunes 11.something to the new 11.1 I believe (what ever the latest was 4 hours ago) and tried all of the above again - still no joy.

I don't want to have to restore the phone and somehow end up with iOS7 on it, I am waiting to get my 5S in January and do not want this phone (4S) upgraded from 5.1.1 which leaves me pretty much stuck at this point unless someone has an iDea or two I might try...

Anyone brave enough to take this one on??

With your phone connected to the pc...have you scrolled all the way down and checked the box to not allow the phone to automatically sync?