What's new

Stuck on "Updating iCloud Settings"

AE1M

Reaction score
Iphone5 - downloaded the update in 10 mins on 35MB/s wifi link. Started update at 8:40am. Its now 11:00am and the screen has been showing "Updating iCloud Settings" for a long time, clock at top of screen is stuck at 9:41am.

Wondering if its hung, or should I wait longer.

Plugged in, batt staying at 100%

Suggestions please.

Bob

Iphone5 - downloaded the update in 10 mins on 35MB/s wifi link. Started update at 8:40am. Its now 11:00am and the screen has been showing "Updating iCloud Settings" for a long time, clock at top of screen is stuck at 9:41am.

Wondering if its hung, or should I wait longer.

Plugged in, batt staying at 100%

Suggestions please.

Bob

Is this the first time for you to do a backup to icloud? If it is, it could take up to 10 hours as it did for my friend.

No, I have iCloud backup on and have done it before, under 6.x it was done automatically.

The upgrade is stuck on "Updating iCloud Settings"

Bob

No, I have iCloud backup on and have done it before, under 6.x it was done automatically. The upgrade is stuck on "Updating iCloud Settings" Bob

Is this after doing the update or currently in the process of finishing your update to ios 7? My settings only asked for me to sign in my password to use my icloud to move on to the next screen before completing the final process.

Well after watching that screen for 3 hours, I did a power-off, power-on cycle and all came up fine. upgrade worked 100%.

Bob