What's new

Stuck in DFU Mode

Don't know, but trust me, been doing this for a long time and the only reason a manual reset wouldn't work is if one or both of those 2 buttons are not functioning properly. You can take the battery out if you want, but its not as easy as it is on most phones, you actually have to disassemble the phone to get the battery out.

I just removed the battery connector for around 2 mins and then connected it back again. still no good.
bro I have tried your method of manual reset myself many times before, I know it works. but it just wont now and I know my hardware is okay. Please if there's anyway other than this that I can fix my iPhone?

Don't know, but trust me, been doing this for a long time and the only reason a manual reset wouldn't work is if one or both of those 2 buttons are not functioning properly. You can take the battery out if you want, but its not as easy as it is on most phones, you actually have to disassemble the phone to get the battery out.

I remember facing a problem similar to this with an iPhone 3G of a friend of mine and I fixed it by using Blackra1n and clicking make it rain. it did work. But now when I am trying it on my iPhone 4 it just stays at "waiting for device.." and even when I tried iRecovery it said iPhone not found. But when I connect to iTunes, iTunes says iPhone in recovery mode. what does all of this mean :S I mean at one side other programs can't find my iPhone and iTunes says it can but in recovery mode. guys who are experienced in all of this, what do you think it means?

I can't. I live in Pakistan and there is no Apple store here.. doomed :(

Blackra1n does not support iPhone4 or anything over 3.1.3 firmware so that definitely wont work. When you're doing the manual reset your phone is disconnected from your computer right? DFU mode relies on the phone being connected via USB so when you're doing a manual reset to get out of DFU mode the phone should NOT Be connected.

yes it isn't connected to the usb.. I can't believe I have put my hard earned $700 in this situation

Blackra1n does not support iPhone4 or anything over 3.1.3 firmware so that definitely wont work. When you're doing the manual reset your phone is disconnected from your computer right? DFU mode relies on the phone being connected via USB so when you're doing a manual reset to get out of DFU mode the phone should NOT Be connected.

GUYS :D I finally booted it! First I upgraded it with a custom IPSW from sn0wbreeze with only the preserve baseband option. I did not select jailbreak or cydia!
then I upgraded it, ended up at the same point of iTunes giving restore popup. Then I used the latest redsn0w and went to extras and clicked just boot. now the problem is that it is on and I installed cydia via jailbreakme.com but now when I switch off my phone, I have to go back to powering it on with redsn0w :S it wont power on on its own. any clue?

Just restore a prejailbroken 4.3.3 firmware now and it should go back to normal. Use redsn0w to enter Pwned-DFU mode, works every time! Glad you made some progress.

okay let me try this as well. Please stay on the website for a while just in case I end up in trouble again.
and thanks a ton mate :)

this is weird, when trying to go into pwned dfu mode with redsn0w, I was about to follow the steps in the redsn0w but as soon as I powered off my iPhone redn0w didn't wait for me to do hold the home and power button and directly said am in pwned dfu mode. seems like that when ever I switch my phone off I go into dfu mode :S ?

Just restore a prejailbroken 4.3.3 firmware now and it should go back to normal. Use redsn0w to enter Pwned-DFU mode, works every time! Glad you made some progress.

You don't need to enter DFU mode when redsn0w tells you to, try entering DFU mode straight from your springboard without turning the phone off. Once it's in DFU mode(screens black and iTunes detects device in recovery mode) then open redsn0w and do Pwned-DFU mode, instead of showing you the instructions it should skip straight to exploiting with limera1n and tell you that you're in Pwned-DFU mode. Then with TinyTSS running just open iTunes and shift+restore the prejailbroken sn0wbreeze firmware.

yes that's what I am saying that when I powered off my phone it directly went into DFU mode:S