What's new

Stuck in DFU Mode

diesel

Reaction score
Guys I need help urgently! I have been stuck with this problem for the past two days yet no solution.
I was upgrading my iPhone 4, 4.3.3 to 5.0 using custom IPSW via snowbreeze to preserve my baseband. I have done it before as well it went perfect. But this time it kept on giving me errors so I went back to restoring my device to 4.3.3! now the problem begins here, firstly I had to go into pwned DFU mode via iReb and after that start TSS from tinyumbrella and begin the restoring via custom IPSW of iOS 4.3.3. All goes well but when I am done restoring and iTunes say it will 10 seconds to reboot, my iPhone goes black (I think pwned DFU mode) and the iTunes says that it found a iPhone in restore mode and I should restore it :/
This has been happening for the past two days and I can't get out of it. Please Please Please can anyone help me ? :( How do I get out of this pwned DFU or black screen once restored? :(

Diesel:

I've moved your post to its own thread, mainly because more eyes will see it than not. In addition, I deleted the exact same post you made in another thread. Please, only one post per question/problem (read the forum rules).

I can't help answer your problem, but hopefully someone will be along soon to assist. Good luck.

Marilyn

What are you using to get out of pwned DFU? R u using ibooty or just iReb?

after using iBooty as well it gives me this same message on iTunes.. :'( $Untitled.jpg

Hold down home+power for 10 seconds, then release both, wait a second or two and then hold down just the power button and the Apple logo should pop up. This time use Redsn0w to put your device into Pwned-DFU mode, iReb has lots of issues. Also you said you were trying to restore 5.0 which is not possible. You MUST make a custom 5.0.1 firmware and restore that.

I have tried all of what you just said.
Guys please is there anyway you can help? I can't afford this blunder :( will removing the battery for a while help?

I did do what you just said man. but nothing happened

I tried using iRecovery, it says no iPhone or iPod found :S while in the iTunes it says iPhone found in recovery mode.

And man I did try what you just said, I have tried manual reset before as well and it used to work. but for some reason it's not working now :S my home and power button are both fine :s