What's new

Stuck in a LoOoOoOoP How to GET OUT!?

krolmariusz

Reaction score
hey guys, my sisters iPhone 4 (not 4s) is jail broken and unlocked (through Gevey). we have tmobile. 4.2.1 (i believe).

so she was using it and it just turned off on her. since its tethered i had to plug it into my computer and reboot it with redsnow. problem is that it doesnt want to boot. i use redsnow, so ive tried the oldest version and the newest and a few in between.

i tried to use the "jailbreak" button, even tho its already jailbroken
in extra i tried:
"Just boot"
"pwned DFU"
"Recovery fix"
and "select IPSW"

ive tried every variation. including doing it with the phone on and off.

the problem is, which ever one i try, the phone just goes back to the apple logo, or the white screen. oh, and ONCE i got it to go to the "connect phone to computer logo"

ive tried redsnow 9.8b1 where you browse your corresponding IPSW for your current firmware. ive tried a whole bunch but none work. i used the correct firmware and the newest, but yet nothing works.

when i connect to itunes it gives me some weird server error, and something about not being able to connect due to the locked passcode. and yes ive tried an old version and the newest of itunes as well.

PLEASE HELP ME FIX IT!!!!!!!!! i cant get her nagging anymore!

i would love to upgrade the phone the newest ios possible, and unlock it so it doesnt need the stupid gevey sim card.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
It would help to provide which iPhone you're talking about to start off.

hahaha i was so concentrated on getting the info about what i did, i forgot to put that its iPhone 4.

Put the device into DFU and restore. If you can't get the device into DFU, you'd need to put it into Recovery first, then put it into DFU or just restore while In recovery.

If its stuck on the Apple logo, it might be something she installed that caused the problem. In which case, you can try putting he device into safe mode and removing the last known tweak that was configured.

Considering the device is jailbroken, if she wants to keep an untethered jailbreak rather than a tethered on 6.1.3, she can check whether she has 5.1.1 blobs that were auto saved by Cydia. Or, if she manually saved every blobs, see if she has 6.0-6.1.2 blobs to restore to.

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk

Put the device into DFU and restore. If you can't get the device into DFU, you'd need to put it into Recovery first, then put it into DFU or just restore while In recovery.

If its stuck on the Apple logo, it might be something she installed that caused the problem. In which case, you can try putting he device into safe mode and removing the last known tweak that was configured.

Considering the device is jailbroken, if she wants to keep an untethered jailbreak rather than a tethered on 6.1.3, she can check whether she has 5.1.1 blobs that were auto saved by Cydia. Or, if she manually saved every blobs, see if she has 6.0-6.1.2 blobs to restore to.

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk

now the bloody thing wont turn on. i let it sit over night turned on because it wouldnt power off (stayed on the apple logo) and it wont charge now!

If you can, I'd open up the device and take out the battery for a few hours to reset your device completely, then try again.