What's new

Strong Cable is Looking to Make iPhone Charging Break and Tangle-Free

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
aa4a531dd3bbf86653f9eb23d81757f9_original.jpg
Let's face it, Apple makes fantastic products, but when it comes to cables... not one of its strong suits. Over the years I've had to go into the Apple Store numerous times to replace my charging cable for my iPhone because of a tear in the rubber, or it just flat-out stopped working.

While I've gone as far as to ordering some cheap cables in large quantities off Amazon, they seem to almost always miraculously stop working after a week or two. It might just be time to fold my hand and dish out for a nice premium cable with some extra armor.

If you've had experiences like the ones I mentioned before, you might want to take a look at Strong Cable. Strong Cable is a KickStarter project, seeking to make our charging cables more durable and break-free.

The cable is covered by a nylon fabric so folks can be sure that there won't be any fraying or tears in the cover. Strong Cable also promises that the nylon fabric cable won't be seeing any tangles either, which is great for using it to charge a device in a car.

At the time of this writing, Strong Cable's KickStarter project is nearly at its pledge goal of $7,709, with 21 days to go. Strong Cable also has an estimated shipping date of September 2015, with the lowest pledge currently available being just $18 to reserve one for yourself.