What's new

Strange light on night photos

Marie86

Reaction score
i have the XR phone and was testing the camera outside tonight and on some there was this strange green light on some. I couldn’t see anything myself but as I moved the camera the light moved tho not in same position in the photo so it wasn’t anything on the lens. Any idea what mite have caused this? It only happened in certain places outside.​

Ok, if the position of the green light changed, I doubt it is due to a problem with the phone camera. Were there any lights on anywhere around you? I can only assume that the camera was picking up some stray ambient light from somewhere....a bit difficult to say without seeing an image.

Is your iPhone in a case? Sometimes cases can cause weird reflections and other effects if the case isn't designed properly in the vicinity of the camera lenses.

Aliens from a different dimension have a way of messing up a lot of stuff on iPhones, you never know [emoji15]

Post some pictures of these strange green lights and let us work out what they might be. I’m keeping a very open mind on this, and FYI I DO believe in extraterrestrials.
However, I’m not saying it’s aliens.....