What's new

Strange battery behaviour after DFU reset

sundaysyndrome

Reaction score
Hi
I tried iOS 12 and because the Apple Watch started behaving weird with the notifications, moved back to iOS 11. And then I had a strange restart, followed by “performance management enabled” although the battery health said 89%. Now I did a dfu again, everything is fine and dandy. Even the Geekbench scores were normal. Do I need to go get a new battery ? Or was that a glitch ? Did any of you face such a thing?

I've never had any problems like that but if your iPhone continues to behave normally after your latest DFU restore I don't see any harm in your case.

Last edited:
Thanks! Then I just keep using it and hope the battery won’t give up on me in Jan 2019 ( when price goes back to 79) :)

Thanks! Then I just keep using it and hope the battery won’t give up on me in Jan 2019 ( when price goes back to 79) :)
You're welcome.
Check the battery health at the beginning of December and see if it's declined. If so, get the cheaper battery replacement. It's a no questions asked replacement policy.

Last edited:
If your iPhone qualifies for the $29 battery, you do not have to have a failing battery to get the replacement. My battery was in good shape according to Apple when I had Apple replace it. They do run a diagnostic but they do not deny you the ability to get the replacement if you choose to do so.

Hmm... thanks for your response. I’ve been to Apple store, seeing the “performance management” message, they ordered a new battery for me. I guess I’ll just replace it. Just in case. Although, it’s sad, the phone is just 15 months old.