What's new

Straight Talk For iPhone Guide - Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data - $45 a Month!

Mr.Mischief

Reaction score
Hi All!

Recently, Straight Talk wireless released sim cards that you could install in any phone you want. The plan they offer for these sims is the $45 a month, unlimited talk, text, and data.

Who/What Is StraighT Talk?

So who is Straight Talk? Straight Talk is a prepaid service provider, whose sim cards run on AT&T or T-Mobile. If you have an iPhone or other AT&T phone, purchase the AT&T sim. If you have a T-Mobile Android or Windows phone, purchase the T-Mobile phone. The sim cards cost $15. You can port your number over to Straight Talk as well. Just be sure to port the number before you activate the sim. Once the sim has been activated, you can't change the number. Also note that your iPhone doesn't need to be unlocked, you can use a regular AT&T locked iPhone.

Instructions!

You can purchase a sim card from Straight Talk: Welcome | Straight Talk
If you have an iPhone 4/4s, purchase a Micro Sim, for all other iPhones purchase the regular sim.

Once you receive the sim, activate it here: http://www.straighttalk.com/

Once activated, talk and text will work, but data probably won't. You need need a wifi connection to get data and MMS working. To fix data, use your iPhone browser and go to: www.unlockit.co.nz. Tap continue, then custom APN. Find and select Straight Talk, and then select Create APN. Select Install on the next screen. Or, if you're Jailbroken, install TetherMe from Cydia, and you can manually enter the APN settings. Go to: Settings-General-Network-Cellular Data Network. Enter the APN settings in the Activation booklet Straight Talk includes with the sim.

After you complete this step, reboot your phone. If data still doesn't work, call 1-855-222-2355. That is the best Straight Talk customer support department(Trust me, I've called a few times) Just tell them that the APN settings are correct, and that data isn't working.

AT&T APN Settings:
Field Settings:
Name: straight talk
APN: att.mvno
Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Port: 80
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
MMS Port: 80

Perks:

Although Straight Talk states "Unlimited", they will stop your account if you use more than 2GB's a month. Many people also recommend that you don't use more than 100MB a day. I use WeeTrackData from Cydia to track my data usage. There are a few data tracking apps in the App Store as well. It is also against Straight Talk terms to tether.

Speedtests from Central Alabama:

Attachments

• $image-2816387955.jpg
    $image-2816387955.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 983
  • $image-2200642792.jpg
    $image-2200642792.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,003
  • $image-1295887988.jpg
    $image-1295887988.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,010
  • $image-1228550247.jpg
    $image-1228550247.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 988
Last edited:
I have straight talk on my iPhone 4S and it has been working great for about three weeks now. I don't understand how they can advertise unlimited everything but stop your phone from working if you use more than 2 GB. Somehow that seems like false advertisement and very illegal. I wonder what would happen if somebody filed a lawsuit.

I have straight talk on my iPhone 4S and it has been working great for about three weeks now. I don't understand how they can advertise unlimited everything but stop your phone from working if you use more than 2 GB. Somehow that seems like false advertisement and very illegal. I wonder what would happen if somebody filed a lawsuit.

I'm not sure, there have been a couple cases lately where a customer brought AT&T to small claims court and won.

They would lose.

Sent from my iPhone 4S.

Above.

I am a hour from Philly, PA and Im getting over 1.5mbps out of my house

$photo.jpg

Im using a factory unlocked 4s with tmobile, if I purchase the atnt sim from straight talk, am I going to get the same data speed as if I was using an atnt locked 4s on 3g?

Im using a factory unlocked 4s with tmobile, if I purchase the atnt sim from straight talk, am I going to get the same data speed as if I was using an atnt locked 4s on 3g?

Yep, since the AT&T Straight Talk sim runs on AT&T's network, you get the same data speeds.

Retry much yea because everything over all is the same and your using the same towers

Wow I'm closer to Philly right now and I'm getting 4.3mbps download speed!!!

I just saw lucky you I have to drive half hour away to get your speeds lol

Apparently upgrading to ios 5.1 makes att iphone 4s to run under 4g, is it the same for straighttalk?

Neubeehunhun said:
Apparently upgrading to ios 5.1 makes att iphone 4s to run under 4g, is it the same for straighttalk?

It doesn't run in 4G, it just puts the icon up there. It's still 3G, you can't make a 3G phone run on 4G with just a software update.

My friend literally sweared to god saying upgrading to ios 5.1 made his iphone load youtube times faster, I guess it is just coincidental or the mind effect then.

Either way it will be way faster than edge, I will make my change as soon as my tmo contract ends, thanks for the info.!