What's new

Straight Talk Discussion Thread

Mr.Mischief

Reaction score
Instead of cluttering up the Straight Talk tutorial thread, lets discuss it here.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

A few questions.

I have a factory unlocked 4s, my tmobile contract will end this year, I'm sick tired of the snail speed Edge, and my questions are:

Is it best to choose the att-compatible sim for maximum internet speed(main concern) and coverage(less of a concern)? I live in NY.

I plan to use the "all you need" plan, but it says I must purchase the unlimited plan to activate the sim card, is this true, and can I change to "all you need" after the initial month if so? Can I change back to unlimited if "all you need" is not sufficient?

"all you need" says 1000 messages nationwide. Does this mean a simple word like "hi" will cost 1 charge? I doubt I can even use 500 a month anyways, just curious.

How does the international plan work? Say if I'm 10days into an unlimited plan, or better yet, I'm 5months into an 1yr unlimited plan, and I will be at England tomorrow.

That's about it, thanks.

A few questions.

Is it best to choose the att-compatible sim for maximum internet speed(main concern) and coverage(less of a concern)? I live in NY.

Yes. If you choose the T-Mobile compatible sim, you'll get the same Edge data that you current have. Pick the AT&T Micro sim, so you can have fast 3G data. I see speeds of around 4MB/1MB

I plan to use the "all you need" plan, but it says I must purchase the unlimited plan to activate the sim card, is this true, and can I change to "all you need" after the initial month if so? Can I change back to unlimited if "all you need" is not sufficient?

You can't use the "All you need" plan on the "Bring Your Own Device" sim cards. You can only use the unlimited $45 plan.

"all you need" says 1000 messages nationwide. Does this mean a simple word like "hi" will cost 1 charge? I doubt I can even use 500 a month anyways, just curious.

That's 1000 text messages. So, a single text message, that only includes one word like "hi", will count as one message.

How does the international plan work? Say if I'm 10days into an unlimited plan, or better yet, I'm 5months into an 1yr unlimited plan, and I will be at England tomorrow.

The International plan is for calling from the US to other countries. You can't use it in other countries. It's just like adding international or long distance to your landline.

I hope this helped, I really like ST's BYOD sim's. My mom is on the AT&T sim, and it's perfect for her needs. Here's the link to the Straight Talk tutorial thread: http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/g...ide-unlimited-talk-text-data-$45-month-34930/

Uh, I just tried to order the sim+30day unlimited, went through the shipping and credit card info step, then it brought me to their homepage without anything confirming my purchase, no confirmation email either. Did I order successfully or not?