What's new

Stolen iP6 in Mexico with Mexican Sim

aiu0462

Reaction score
Phone fell out of holster while in taxi to airport. Didn't notice until I boarded airplane. Called hotel where we stayed in Loreto to see if they could find driver of taxi. They called owner, but his brother-in-law was our driver. Both denied finding phone, but the other drivers said he did. Called the number. A man answered, I asked, in English, if he spoke English. Bueno, Bueno was all he would say. I don't speak Spanish. So,,,,,I called my friend at the hotel, he called the number and was told a woman just bought the phone in and wanted it inlocked. I have already set Find My IPhone up to erase when connected to Internet. So far, no connection. I guess that 4 digit lock works, at least for now. Lots of info on the phone I don't need public. Have I covered all my bases? I've written off getting the phone back, even though I have offered a reward.
Maybe this will help someone else as far as locking phone.
Steve

You can also contact your cellular carrier to have the iPhone's IMEI number added to the blacklist which would prevent it from being used as a phone even after it was erased by Find My iPhone.

You should also report your iPhone to local law enforcemant. They might request your device's serial number. The number is visible on the box or receipt, or you can find it online here: supportprofile.apple.com , if you registered it with your Apple ID.

You could also report it to Apple in case the phone ever comes to Apple for service. You can include the police case number in your report.