What's new

Stock apps crashing on 9.3.3 on iPhone 6

APX7000

Reaction score
I just upgraded from jailbreak 9.0.2 to 9.3.3 which is NOT jailbroken yet.

Having problems with mostly stock apps crashing like the IOS "News" app, and the compass to name a few. I've also had 3rd party apps crash occasionally as well, but no where near the News and compass apps.

I DFU 9.3.3 and restored the iPhone 6 using iTunes. I so much regret upgrading to 9.3.3. Anyone else having this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jail break prolly broke the phone. Might have to do a hard reset

My iPhone on 9.3.3 is not jailbroken. Just stock firmware. I DFU loaded the firmware again and still have the problem. No jailbreak.

I can understand if 3rd party apps from the App Store crash, but stock Apple apps?

I wanted to try 9.3.3 without the jailbreak to see how much better it was from 9.0.2. Honestly 9.0.2 was better and I never had a app crash (stock or 3rd party App Store app)

You may have stray bits of code and such left on the phone (that you can no longer access because it's now stock).

The only way I know to see if you can fix this is to re-restore the phone. And this time, do not restore from backup, restore from stock. This will make sure that if there was any stray coding in your backup, it won't get loaded on.

That's all I can think of to do to fix your issue.

Marilyn

I rebooted the iPhone and problem was still there. So, what the heck, I rebooted twice in a row and the stock apps are not crashing. Talk about weird.

It appears for now the issue is fixed thankfully