What's new

Stay with Mac platform?

Jdth

Reaction score
I have decided to bite the bullet and get a smart phone. I have been using an inexpensive no contract phone for emergency calls. I have a Mac desktop computer I use extensively. What would be the advantage in keeping it all Mac and getting an iphone? I make few phone calls but would do web browsing, social media. and photography is my hobby. I've seen other makes that are attractive and have good features.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Jdth!

I've used an Android myself until recently, so I have experience with connecting Apple to a different operating system.

Here are a few of the advantages:
If you use iCloud, all the bookmarks, passwords, contacts, calendar events and notes will sync automatically between your devices.
If you enable PhotoStream, you'll find your photos on both Apple devices.

There are a few new features that were added with iOS 8 that you can use, if your Mac is running OS X Yosemite: Apple - iOS 8 - Continuity

Hope that helps.

I'll second that. The iPhone and Mac are designed to work seamlessly together, even more so with iOS 8 and OSX Yosemite.

I bought my first iPhone in 2012. It was nice and I really like the iOS platform. Then, I bought a Mac mini in June of 2014 and found that the iPhone and Mac work together in ways that I've never seen on any other platform or combo thereof. Now, I wouldn't trade my iOS and OS X devices for anything in the world, they just work so seamlessly that it's amazing - and Apple improved this with Continuity/Handoff. I highly recommend iOS and OS X devices is you want consistency and quality.