What's new

Sprint Just Fired a Canon Shot at Their Competition; $60/Month Unlimited Plan

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
sprint-new-single-line-plan.png

It looks like Sprint's new group/family plans weren't the only big shift they had on their agenda. The rumors suggesting their new CEO was planning to shakeup the industry might turn out to be true, depending on your point of view.

Sprint's previous announcement only detailed their new family plans, and while these were very competitive, this new announcement is strong enough it could spark a price war amongst the carriers. Sprint's massive canon shot at their competitors was the announcement of a new Unlimited Talk, Text & Data Single Line plan for only $60 per month.

Of course, there are a few caveats. (You knew there would be.) First, folks on an Unlimited Data Plan can be throttled during times of peak congestion in favor of tiered data customers. Second, if you are already a Sprint customer you can't sign up for this plan unless one of the following conditions applies to you: you have a line that is no longer under contract, you have purchased a phone using Easy Pay installment billing or you add a new line of service.

While we aren't sure this new plan will make consumers start running in droves to their nearest Sprint store, we suspect this is hot enough to catch quite a bit of attention for the Now Network. For individual users who are in cities where Sprint has a strong network infrastructure, this seems like an extremely tempting offer.

The plans will go into effect as of tomorrow (August 22nd). What do you think of Sprint's artillery strike?

Source: Sprint

Last edited:
Here where I live work and play, I had sprint for many years over 15, but their service went down and down....they picked wrong horse WI MAX in stead of LTE...THe horse fell at the gate and never got back in race.......But where their LTE when it came to pass It was blazing fast, but for me those spots were to few and far between

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here where I live work and play, I had sprint for many years over 15, but their service went down and down....they picked wrong horse WI MAX in stead of LTE...THe horse fell at the gate and never got back in race.......But where their LTE when it came to pass It was blazing fast, but for me those spots were to few and far between

EXACTLY the same experience here, so I switched to Verizon and haven't look back and now I'm leading the race....SMILE

EXACTLY the same experience here, so I switched to Verizon and haven't look back and now I'm leading the race....SMILE
That's what happens to me. On trip, had lousy service upstate N.Y. Looked for apple store, swapped wife's phone out...(off contract) had to wait til July of last year to get mine. Also never looke back. Went to verizon too

I hope Veizon jumps in on this carrier...."price war"