What's new

Speaker / sound problem

AATT

Reaction score
As im still a newb i must get something straight .
If I play any sound on my 4s only the right speaker works .. the left one aint working .
The sound quality and volume is good so I dont really have any complaints but ... is this the way it should be or not ?

The left speaker is a mic so there is only ONE speaker. This has been asked a million time if you do a search you would have found your answer.

Yea Its logical. I thought the same also but some veteran told me otherwise i suppose it was just a joke . sry for not doing a search though.

eddieg said:
The left speaker is a mic so there is only ONE speaker. This has been asked a million time if you do a search you would have found your answer.

I am an iPhone newbie too. I did not know that about the speakers. Thank you for clearing that up. I am, however, very experienced at posting on forums and this is my first post on this forum (possibly last). If it bothers you that someone didn't search because they are a newbie, why do you not politely answer their question and suggest they do a search next time instead of possibly scaring them off? Or, simply don't respond because it appears to be somewhat irritating to you that don't have the patience for newbies that forget to search first.

I am an iPhone newbie too. I did not know that about the speakers. Thank you for clearing that up. I am, however, very experienced at posting on forums and this is my first post on this forum (possibly last). If it bothers you that someone didn't search because they are a newbie, why do you not politely answer their question and suggest they do a search next time instead of possibly scaring them off? Or, simply don't respond because it appears to be somewhat irritating to you that don't have the patience for newbies that forget to search first.

First of all he really isnt a newbie and i did answer his question also if you read the rules when you join this forum you should read the rules. I wasn't trying to be mean but this question gets asked almost everyday so a simple search before you post a question would have given the answer. So anyway i didnt want or mean to scare anyone away this is a great forum with tons of info. Oh by the way welcome to IPF.

I apologize for not knowing he wasn't a newbie. I apologize for I have been on too many forums where someone rides a "newbie" for not searching first and they have searched. However, being a the newbie couldn't find the answer. They are hesitant to ask another question. We are all here to help each other. I did thank you for clearing that up. Being an iPhone newbie I look forward learning here and contributing when I can.

Cool and again im sorry if i came off the wrong way. Enjoy your stay this is the best iphone forum ive found lots of good people here that know the device inside and out.

Glad the OP has the answer to their question. We must remember, though, that eddieg is in from Jersey.... LOL!!!!

Eddieg, I also apologize if I came across a bit defensive towards your reply. I look forward to learning a lot from this forum. It came highly recommended from a friend.