What's new

Speaker phone glitch

saburota

Reaction score
I have recreated this glitch multiple times, and a reset fixes it, but that's annoying.
I use my headphones when watching a video (a minute or so) from the Videos app then I close it and try to call someone, and it automatically goes into speaker mode. This is with the headphones still in. I cannot stop speaker mode. It will not go away no matter how much I click it on-and-off. Please any help?

AT&T iPhone 4S 16GB

First thing i would do is a hard reset by holding down the sleep and home button until you see the apple appear then let go. The head phones you are useing, do you have to use an adapter to use them or will it just plug right in? Other than that i would go to an Apple store and see if its a software issue. AT&T will just run you around in the store because they have no clue in what they are doing anyway.......lol

I'm using the official Apple headset that comes with the phone. I still accidentally make this glitch happen everyday. I go to lunch, watch videos while I eat, then make a call with the headset still in. Considering how the 4S is hard to come across at the moment, I'll just deal with it and hope they fix it.

saburota said:
I'm using the official Apple headset that comes with the phone. I still accidentally make this glitch happen everyday. I go to lunch, watch videos while I eat, then make a call with the headset still in. Considering how the 4S is hard to come across at the moment, I'll just deal with it and hope they fix it.

Check accessibility and see if your phone set to answer from the speaker

I registered for this forum just to add that I am having the EXACT same issue. When using a logitech bluetooth hands-free to make calls, about once a day the iPhone will instead choose to go directly to speaker. Only no sound is coming out of the speaker either. No sound comes from anywhere, so I'm left with a caller on the other end going "hello? hello?"

What's more is you can't click to a different audio source. If you click iPhone or the hands-free, the iPhone just acts like you didn't press anything at all. I am using the same bluetooth I used for years on my first-gen iPhone and my 3GS.

However, I noticed this wasn't just an issue with bluetooth. When I first bought my iPhone, and set it up as a new iPhone at the Apple Store, I walked out of the store to call my girlfriend and brag about my new phone. However, I ran into this same issue in the mall before I had ever even paired the phone with anything! What the hell?

I've had more defective iPhones than I care to tell. Suffice it to say I went through 3 first-gens, and 3 3GS iPhones. I keep buying them because I love how well they work when they DO, but I'm glad I get the warranty because they all end up crapping out at some point, and I never drop my phones or expose them to water.