What's new

soon to be iphone 5 newb! :D

ro88o31

Reaction score
Hi people just a quick post to say "hi"
Ill be asking a few jailbreaking related questions and a few on sharing a iTunes install the latter was not my intention but some thieving scum broke into my place and stole my laptop so I have no personal pc/laptop at the moment but more on that later and hopefully in the correct forum sections lol

My phone history over the last 3-4 years has been "shady" at best ive had a blackberry several htc sensations due to mechanical breakdowns sevral galaxy s2's for the same reasons and now currently own a s3 which is a good phone BUT as my contract is due to expire in the next 2 months and I do intend on 100% getting a iphone 5 to replace it I thought I should start on the relevant forums which leads me here and to this post lol

Ill see you all about and try not to clog up the boards with "stupid" questions :)

You're in luck! The new iPhone 5S will be out by the time your upgrade is due. Have you considered getting the 5S instead of the 5?

Welcome to the forums!

I was about to say the sameScifan75 ;)

With the release date so close you would be better off to get the 5S if your carrier approves the update.

Thanks guys ive been out of the game so to speak tech wise what is the releases date of the 5s? Bare in mind im based in the uk and I do believe we are a few week behind getting the new iphone models....but yeah as I get 30% of new contracts with o2 here in the uk through a work based rewards scheme i recon I may just hang out for a 5s any links to spec for me to go over :D

The UK actually gets it the same day as the us, not sure about when O2 gets it but the apple store is the same day, I myself get it from apple then use EE.

It is likely to be released mid October is my guess, well find out on the 10th September for sure when the date is.

Sweet, id rather have my man vegetables removed than give EE any more of my hard earned cash but if that release date is even slightly accurate then by the time I escape EE's grasp I should imagine o2 will have plenty of stock.......I hope thanks for the warning guys :D

Hi people just a quick post to say "hi"
Ill be asking a few jailbreaking related questions and a few on sharing a iTunes install the latter was not my intention but some thieving scum broke into my place and stole my laptop so I have no personal pc/laptop at the moment but more on that later and hopefully in the correct forum sections lol

My phone history over the last 3-4 years has been "shady" at best ive had a blackberry several htc sensations due to mechanical breakdowns sevral galaxy s2's for the same reasons and now currently own a s3 which is a good phone BUT as my contract is due to expire in the next 2 months and I do intend on 100% getting a iphone 5 to replace it I thought I should start on the relevant forums which leads me here and to this post lol

Ill see you all about and try not to clog up the boards with "stupid" questions :)

Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking

Guide for Beginners |iPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

iPhone tips

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

remember…."search" is your friend…..poisonivy…..iPhone and iPad forums moderator

Sweet, id rather have my man vegetables removed than give EE any more of my hard earned cash but if that release date is even slightly accurate then by the time I escape EE's grasp I should imagine o2 will have plenty of stock.......I hope thanks for the warning guys :D

Main reason I went with EE is I get 40% discount per month from any tariff, plus I got a free phone and was given £85 out of the till and sold the free phone for £500 It will be interesting to see what O2 come up with for 4G though, I never have had problems with EE even after the many bad reviews I read before signing up

They arent a bad provider but like we both get sizable discount I suspect that's the main factor in our choices! :)