What's new

Something is chewing up my battery...

Chief_Airborne

Reaction score
So, night I noticed that my battery drop tremendously in a couple of hours. So I looked for the cause and I believe it is Siri. 53% in the last 24 hrs. I turned off Siri this morning to see if it helps.

Any input on this? Anyone else have this happen?

Thanks

IMG_1486834902.584824.jpg

In Settings>Siri, do you have access to Siri when the iPhone is locked turned on?

I don't know, but if it's now on, try turning it off to see if it makes a difference.

Okay...it's turned off. I actually just turned Siri back on...I disabled it a few hours ago and I just checked and the percentage is now up to 64%. LOL

Have you recently updated to the latest iOS version? Sometimes this can cause a larger than normal battery drain that can last for a few days as the data on the iPhone us re-indexed.

Do you still get excessive battery drain with Siri turned off?

It is possible that the update was corrupted in some way that caused the problem. To check on this, backup and restore your iPhone through itunes. After the restore, set it up from the backup you just made.

No problem. I've had the phone since November and this is the first time this has happened. It's never been a problem before. Must have something to do with the latest update. Weird.

No problem. I've had the phone since November and this is the first time this has happened. It's never been a problem before. Must have something to do with the latest update. Weird.
Eventually, you may want to follow Scifan's instructions on msg #8 to backup and restore. After all, you allowed Siri access for a reason and if this is an indicator of a corrupted update, you need to get a good version to prevent future trouble.

Eventually, you may want to follow Scifan's instructions on msg #8 to backup and restore. After all, you allowed Siri access for a reason and if this is an indicator of a corrupted update, you need to get a good version to prevent future trouble.

Will do...thank you!

So, night I noticed that my battery drop tremendously in a couple of hours. So I looked for the cause and I believe it is Siri. 53% in the last 24 hrs. I turned off Siri this morning to see if it helps.

Any input on this? Anyone else have this happen?

Thanks

View attachment 30655

I have had the iPhone since day1 and over the years found that unless I am not using a feature I turn it off.
First off SIRI is ridiculous. Turn it off.
Background app refresh OFF
Bluetooth OFF if and when you need Bluetooth then turn it back on for the duration (you have the time... your life is not that busy) LOL

Also not so much for battery consumption but animation crap. Reduce motion turn ON
It stops the horrible animation slowdown. You want your screen to snap and desktop and icons to not hesitate when you press icons. Just try it you'll see.