What's new

So do most use Safari the browser ?

SubzeroA

Reaction score
I just got my first iPhone 5c with IOS 8 and coming from a LG2. Was wondering if Safari is what most iPhone users use and in plenty adequate ? On my LG2 I used Google maps all the time. Again the same question is the map app preinstalled on my new iPhone just as good as Google maps or at least close being good enough ? I'd rather not install additional apps if I don't have too. Thanks

Last edited:
Google Maps is fine, Waze is great. It informs you of accidents, slow traffic and where police are sitting.

Safari works fine, Chrome is quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the default Maps app on the iPhone, it's never let me down. I also use Safari for everything related to web browsing. I do have the Mercury browser installed but don't remember ever using it for anything.

Is is safe to download Mercury pro again? I deleted it after the Xcodeghost issue but would like to start using it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Safari exclusively. I've tried other browsers but always come back to Safari.

Maps? Google all the way. I am a trucker, and if I had had the capability Google Maps has 30 years ago, I might not have so many grey hairs. It gives local knowledge to complete strangers, and you can take that as a +1 from a professional.

Until I bought my first Apple device I used Firefox. Since then I've used Safari. As to maps, I use both Google and Apple maps, whichever one suits my purpose at the time.

Chrome and Google maybe 'cause l'm old and stuck in my ways :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used to use Firefox when I had Windows, Since moving to Apple I use Safari, Occasionally I have used Chrome.
I don't use Maps much but I like the default Maps.

Last edited:
I like chrome, but because Safari is always the default browser, Chrome fell out of use. Its not even on my phone anymore and now I only use Safari.

I intensely love WAZE, but I use Google Maps when navigating in unfamiliar territory (like new cities, or small towns). I'll use Apple Maps when I need Siri to handle my navigation. I've had such a bad taste of Apple Maps from when it used to suck that I don't enjoy using it anymore, but for the most part, Apple Maps hasn't let me down in a long time.