What's new

Snycing iPhone calendar with Google calendar?

wordsmyth

Reaction score
I'm sure the how to sync question has been asked countless times, but with 16 hours work-days being my norm for the past 3 weeks I don't have time to read hundreds of earlier posts to glean out the one simple switch I need to throw to get something working.

Next, I've asked a half dozen people at the small business where I work and they are using it, but they can't make it happen on my phone. The guy who set it all up for them has taken another job so no one knows the exact steps to take to set up the sync.

With that back-handed apology posted, I'll post my question!

How do I get my iPhone 7S calendar to sync with a Google calendar?

The backstory is that my employment recently changed and my new employer uses Google calendar. Rather than manually reenter all of my calendar (and contacts, I suppose) into the Google tools, I would like to simply sync the phone to the Google calendar without having to do all that catch-up work.

Next, I have a gmail account and have manually entered several things. They appear on the Google calendar app on my phone, iPad, and in my web browser. So that part is working.

My Apple ID is set up with a bellsouth.net email. Is it as simple as changing the ID to the GMail address?

Help, please!

And thanks in advance,

Rick

You don’t have to change the ID.

If you know email address and password, set it up and enable Calendar.

It is possible iCloud is default and google cal is turned off It works no problem across devices assuming as J.A said it is enabled.

Thanks to you both for the feedback.

Re:
You don’t have to change the ID.

If you know email address and password, set it up and enable Calendar.

Passwords are correct and I have everything enabled.

It is possible iCloud is default and google cal is turned off It works no problem across devices assuming as J.A said it is enabled.

I changed the default calendar to the gmail calendar and made an entry using my phone. It synced the new entry to Google calendar but my earlier entries are on the phone but not on the google calendar.

So am I halfway where I need to be?

If you have activated gmail calendars in Apple cal then that’s all you need to do it’s possible the entries were in iCloud which is why you cannot see them. Just turn on iCloud calendars and see if they appear. If google is default. Any future events will show in google

Well I found a workaround that got me caught up to date. I exported my Outlook calendar to a csv file and then retrieved it into the Google calendar app.

So new events entered with the apple calendar or via the google calendar are syncing. Tomorrow I’ll try forwarding a new event from outlook and will see what happens.

Thanks again for the assistance!

I did not know yu are using outlook as well. Forward all emails from outlook to gmail Ok. You can use Apple mail for all of this including contacts however I don’t wish to confuse the issue yu have. Glad it’s working out

LOL. Yes, about the time I went to sleep last evening I realized my post about Outlook would have come as a surprise. Oddly, the office technology is on Windows platforms and Outlook is used for email. However, the entire staff owns iPhones and most use Google calendar.

My work is more out stirring around with people and less sitting at a desk, so about 90% of the time I'm using the phone to make date entries. That said, I do spend time working on a W10 desktop, so I email dates back and forth between the phone and the office.

At any rate, I got everything past and present into the Google calendar with the csv work-around, and I added a new event this morning that showed up within seconds on the phone and in the Google calendar app. With a bit of trial and error, I'll feel my way into a comfortable familiarity pretty quickly.

Thanks again!