What's new

Smurfs' Village Blossoms in the App Store

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
smurf-village-3.png

Yes, you read that right, the legendary Capcom, purveyors of some of the finest video games known to man or woman such as Resident Evil, has today released a social game for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad called Smurfs’ Village, featuring The Smurfs! Kind of hard to believe, yes, but Capcom is out to prove that it can do cute and sociable too, and judging by the many favourable reviews and high ratings the game has already garnered in the App Store, they’ve done a pretty good job of it too.

The free game is based on the original cartoon and comic art, and sees players developing their village under the tutelage of Papa Smurf, him with the beard. You start off with just one single mushroom house and a lone plowed plot of land and must work hard to build up your tiny domain. Eventually you will be able to really get creative, building specialized houses with elaborate gardens bursting at the seams with colourful crops, and then expanding by building bridges across rivers, trodden paths and much more.

Popular characters from the world of Smurfdom, such as Smurfette and Jokey Smurf will bring their unique skills and perks to your village, and you’ll also get the chance to play mini-games such as Greedy Smurf’s Baking Game, Papa Smurf’s Potion Mixing Game and Painter Smurf’s Painting Game, and unlock additional bonuses.

The game is free to download and play, but you can buy Smurfberries in-app as downloadable content to speed up the development of your homestead. Capcom says that in future they will be offering continued content updates and enhancements.

So, if the idea of building your own Smurf village grabs you, then click here to download the game for free. There are no Smurf zombies involved, unfortunately.

Source: Capcom

I would like to warn people about this app.

It is free to download BUT it would appear that you can make in-app purchases without the need to enter a password.

Leave young children to play on your iPhone and you could rack up quite a hefty bill....

I hope iTunes ban this from the app store as that simply doesn't seem fair to me.

Last edited:
This "game" is a rip off and a fraud. My child also racked up £110 without my authorisation or a password in sight. Have complained to Apple, Capcom and put all transactions into dispute with my credit card company. I suggest others do the same - just phone your credit card company and say that you will not pay. Since it's only consumer power that will stop this kind of blatant rip off and the consumer credit act is your friend.

I'm not surprised to find I am not the only one. Thankfully I've only been stung for £6.99. I guess I can count myself lucky.

I have complained to Apple and hopefully that will just see the sum credited back. If necessary I'll query it with my credit card company.