What's new

SMS Question

Yaron2

Reaction score
I have the iPhone 4S and wanted to know why I don't get any SMS sound notification when someone responds back to me while I have the conversation open. i.e. I'm talking to my husband and have the conversation open. I leave the iPhone on my desk and when he responds it won't make a notification sound ..... it only sounds if I exit the conversation. Is there any way to fix this? FYI - I am jailbroken.

Yaron2 said:
I have the iPhone 4S and wanted to know why I don't get any SMS sound notification when someone responds back to me while I have the conversation open. i.e. I'm talking to my husband and have the conversation open. I leave the iPhone on my desk and when he responds it won't make a notification sound ..... it only sounds if I exit the conversation. Is there any way to fix this? FYI - I am jailbroken.

You are correct that is how it does it on mine as well. It does make a blooo sound so you can hear a noise of you listen carefully. I don't think there is a setting to change that.

Yaron2 said:

It is setup like that intentionally. Why would you need the sound when your looking rite at the conversation? It makes no sense really. And there is an easy way to change it, but you have to be jailbroken, then you could simply replace the .caf file in "Sytem/Audio/UI Sounds"with whatever tone you wanted, and it would only make that tone while your conversation is open.

thanks!!

Last edited: