What's new

Smilies in SMS?

TungstenGT

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

I have seen some people who have smilies/thumbs up/etc in their SMS texts. I was just wondering how they did that. (I don't know them personally to ask. I have just seen it on screen shots here and there.)
Any help would be great.
Thank you!

I have seen some people who have smilies/thumbs up/etc in their SMS texts. I was just wondering how they did that. (I don't know them personally to ask. I have just seen it on screen shots here and there.)
Any help would be great.
Thank you!

Just search emoji in the app store. Find a free one they all do the same thing.

Any help would be great.
Thank you!

Just search emoji in the app store. Find a free one they all do the same thing.

Thank you!

How come not all of my emoji work properly ... sometimes when i use it, mostly the smilies it will send as characters :^) instead of the actual picture?

How come not all of my emoji work properly ... sometimes when i use it, mostly the smilies it will send as characters :^) instead of the actual picture?

It only works to iPhones so if you send to a computer or non-iPhone they won't see them.

It only works to iPhones so if you send to a computer or non-iPhone they won't see them.

Yup that I knew already. Just last night I tried sending the emoji to myself and only some appears as an emoticons the others will appear as letterings. My sister has an iPhone 4 and when it does the same to her. Yup using bitesms but not as many choices as emojis

63f10c86675a4771.jpg

Last edited:
Personally I don't like the emoji icons. I downloaded an app out of the app store called "Animated Smileys". It is the best one I found for my liking. It'll put an icon on your phone.

Type your text. Hit the home button. Hit the Animated Smileys icon. Open one of the folders inside. Pick the smiley you want. Hit copy to MMS. It'll take you back to your text screen. Touch and hold the texting bar. The "paste" tab will show up. Hit paste. It will insert the smiley.

not so into the animated ones... Seems like most of the smileys arent working but everything else works... using them on my iphone is fine but sending them though sms to another iphone doesnt work.. so lame its bugging me.. ocd style

HAH! found the problem. With Bitesms my emoji smileys wont work.. but using the regular sms icon all emojis will work. sigh.

anyone using emoji with bitesms ?

*********I feel dumb ... smiley was "off" ************

Last edited:
hello, i downloaded facebook for iphone into my iphone 4 but the emoticons/emoji disappeared from the keyboard. before there were emoticons/emoji when tapping the globe icon on the keyboard but now no more. how come? how can i activate again the emoji on the keyboard on the facebook for iphone4? the keyboard in my sms though has emoji but not in the keyboard when opening facebook. anyone can help me? i like having emoticons when posting a status or commenting in facebook using my iphone. but i cant do it anymore. please help me re-appear/re-activate emoticons on my facebook for iphone keyboard. thank you very much.

the facebook for iphone supports emoji because my friends’ facebook for iphone have emoticons in their keyboards. but mine was somewhat omitted. maybe i clicked something which made it disappear. this is really a big wonder to me. there must be an explanation to this. there must be a way to reactivate emoticons in my facebook for iphone keyboard. please help. thank you very much.