What's new

Smart TV and IPhone 4s

Travisw13

Reaction score
I just bought a new TV and the sales man told us that we could stream music from my IPhone 4s to the LG Smart TV wirelessly. However, the TV does not see the phone but, the the phone does see the TV. LG is stating that I have to turn on sharing or DLNA on the IPhone. Can someone walk me through that or is there a APP I need to install. Thanks

I use an LG BluRay player to stream from my computer to TV. I'll have a look when I get home to see if it's possible to stream from the iPhone/iPad.

I know this is an old thread, but wasn't sure if you got your answer :) I have an LG Cinema 3D tv and iPhone 5. You can not stream directly from the phone to the tv without the help of an app. I use ZappoTV. They have a free version that works well, but has a lot of ads. I bought the Zappo for LG from the app store for $1.99, and it works very well. The only issue I have is once the playlist is added & starts playing, if your phone goes to sleep, it will stop the playlist. As a work around, I just plug my phone in and change it to never lock while I'm streaming music to my t.v.

Hope this helps!