What's new

Slo Mo feature

mike1

Reaction score
My iphone 6 has a nice slow motion feature, but when I download a slo mo clip to my PC and try to replay it, it starts skipping and basically just can't play it back. Yet I've found that if my daughter sends a slo mo clip from her iphone 6 to my iphone 6, I download it to my PC and it plays back fine. What would be causing this to happen? Would this be some kind of compression process happening between iphones that is allowing playback?

Welcome to iPhoneForums, mike1!

The iPhone records at 120 or 240 frames per second (fps). When you play back the video, it shows 30 fps.

If you export it to a PC, the computer doesn't know that is has to be converted, and how to convert the file, that's what you're experiencing.

You could load the video to Youtube/Vimeo, or Facebook, and from there to your PC. It will look the same as on your iPhone when you play it back on your computer.

It's also possible to send the video to yourself via email or iMessage, to retain the slo-mo footage of the video.

Last edited:
Welcome to iPhoneForums, mike1!

The iPhone records at 120 or 240 frames per second (fps). When you play back the video, it shows 30 fps.

If you export it to a PC, the computer doesn't know that is has to be converted, and how to convert the file, that's what you're experiencing.

You could load the video to Youtube/Vimeo, or Facebook, and from there to your PC. It will look the same as on your iPhone when you play it back on your computer.

It's also possible to send the video to yourself via email or iMessage, to retain the slo-mo footage of the video.

Thanks for the reply JA. Sending the slo mo video back to myself did not work. It seems the video needs to be sent to another iphone, then sent back to me-then it works. Note: when video is sent back to me, it sends 2 clips(one is the original that I sent, the second one is actually the new "processed" slo mo video.) Just need to save both to make sure you actually have the correct one. Clearly something Apple needs to address IMO. Thanks for the help.