What's new

#slide to open

Not if you are running iOS 10. The method of opening the phone has changed. You now use the home button to open the phone.

Which phone and iOS version are you using?

Thats the point guys i have updated my iphone 6s to ios 10 and now i am dying T-T

#slidetoopen guys lets try to get it back!!!!!

There has been enough complaining about the loss that perhaps Apple might make it an option in an update to iOS.

It is, in my opinion, too much, too soon. For users of the iPhone7, which has no moving parts in the Home button, it's all good, but there are a lot of people using earlier phones who are worried that the extra button pushing is going to cause accelerated wear.

One thing you can do is to set the option (Settings/General/Accessibility/Home Button/Rest Finger To Open) so that you don't need to press the button to open the phone. You can also use the Lock button to wake the phone instead of pressing the Home button.

Default is to press the Home button to wake the phone, rest finger on the scanner to unlock it and then press the button to open.

Only one press Kevin

Which one? Using default settings I count two. The one to wake the phone and the one to open it after unlocking. Only one is necessary if you use the lock button to wake the phone, or use Raise To Wake.

At least one press on the 6 Plus (not S) - Most cases two.

The raise to wake doesn't work on these so you have to press either (home or sleep/wake button) to wake and then touch ID to unlock and press to get to springboard.

I don't miss the slide to unlock, I think it's just people that like bitchin' about things that change until they get used to them. Give it another 6 months and no one will care. They'll want the code slide to unlock like androids.

Raise to wake is not possible on the 6 plus but what you can do is change your home button settings to "Rest finger to open" and then you won't have to keeps pressing the home button.

Raise to wake is not possible on the 6 plus but what you can do is change your home button settings to "Rest finger to open" and then you won't have to keeps pressing the home button.

Is that for the 6s plus as well?

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.