What's new

SlickWraps Reviews

Most cases seem to fit over the wraps. They do provide a fair amount of protection. Enough for the everyday user. Personally I have my case over the wraps when at work (busy workshop) then remove the case when I get home or on days off...

I think I found a winner for me in the world of wraps. I was lucky enough to get an Executive Series Slickwrap. The leather piece is the black patent leather option and I opted for the the mahogany front and sides. The last set of wraps I tried was the brushed steel from the metal series. I was able to safely remove the metal series and applied the executive series. The back piece was noticeably thicker but affords more protection. The Apple logo and the camera/flash were precisely cut out. It was extremely easy to put on. Perfect fit. The wood front and sides were just as easy to apply but I think they are just a tad thinner than the metal series. The finished product looks great but not to my liking, just a matter of preference. I should have gotten the medium brown leather to go with the mahogany sides and front. I left the black leather on and replaced the wood with the brushed steel and WOW! This looks hot, sleek and aptly named "Executive Series". Great job Slickwraps!

Overall, Carbon Fiber Series, looks and feels great but a little difficult to deal with because it can stretch a bit. Metal Series, looks great but has a little less texture than the Carbon Fiber. Easier to apply because it is a stiffer material. Executive Series, best of both worlds. Looks great and has added grip to it because of the leather. You can not go wrong with any product from Slickwraps.

I hope to post some pics soon.

Can anyone comment on what cases would work best, or what they are using with the various skinwraps? Like someone mentioned, if you temporarily needed the extra protection at work, etc. I'm sure some fit better than others. Thanks.

I have to add my praise for Slickwraps. I got an alligator leather wrap for my iPad last week and totally loved it (posted review on ipadforums.net) and just got the zebra wood one for my Verizon iphone 4 today. If anything, I think it is even better than the leather one. It is barely thicker than a vinyl skin but real wood with a texture and look that vinyl can't match. Installation was simple and the fit is perfect. I have had iPod touches from the begining, both iPad versions and have had many types of covers, skins, bumpers and cases and, in my opinion, these wraps beat anything else I have tried hands down. My only complaint is that with the many material and color options they offer I could go broke changing out my wraps every week or so. If you are looking for a way to make your device stand out and give it a upgraded look, don't look further than Slickwraps.
Steve

I use the otterbox defender. The only way it will fit, is if you use only the back slickwrap. Which is way cool with me as I still get many comments on my slickwrap. Even the guys at the ATT store were wanying to check it out.
I love this wrap. I change out my wood, carbon and diamond plate all the time with no problems.

The only thing I don't like about SlickWraps is re-using it over and over again as it becomes warped and not sticky after constant putting on and removing from the iPhone. So if you plan to buy SlickWraps, make sure you'll keep the wraps on your iPhone for a good amount of time so the money you paid wouldn't go to waste :D

The only thing I don't like about SlickWraps is re-using it over and over again as it becomes warped and not sticky after constant putting on and removing from the iPhone. So if you plan to buy SlickWraps, make sure you'll keep the wraps on your iPhone for a good amount of time so the money you paid wouldn't go to waste :D

I bit of heat from a hairdryer sorts that out ;)

^Yes but that still won't bring the wraps back to how it originally looked like and how it felt like. Sticky xD

I just bought a blue antennae wrap on eBay, not a slick wrap. I put it on last night and it was pretty easy and looks great. I have a clear bumper over it. The only thing is that I don't think the wrap will really hold up if the bumper was removed and installed on a regular basis.