What's new

SlickWraps Reviews

iGaz

Reaction score
So heres my first lot if reviews on the SlickWraps I got a few days ago. I have two full wooden wraps and a have also mixed them up with the leather backs.

Here's the pics,

Picture017.jpg
Picture009.jpg

Picture015.jpg
Picture016.jpg
Picture010.jpg
Picture008.jpg
Picture003.jpg
Picture005.jpg
Picture006.jpg
Picture007.jpg

The pictures really don't do these skins justice. They are of great quality, more than mere stickers. You really get the feel and texture of the wood. They fit really well round all the different parts of the phone that you need to get to (buttons, headphone jack, charging port etc.) You can still use your own screen protector underneath the wraps (I am) and my case still fits due to how well they fit!

They are really easy to install. The front needs a little patience to get it round the screen just right but after a couple attempts you will find it fairly easy. The front and back are one piece while round the sides are in two parts. Once you have the side wraps on its really hard to tell where they join due to it being where the metal bands on the phone itself join. The best thing about these is that they are completely reusable so if you don't get it quite right first time round you can take it of and try again. You can also have a few different wraps and change them when the mood takes you. They leave no sticky mess when you take them off either.

I'm really surprised just mow much I like these wraps. It really does look and feel the the phone is made from wood! My favorite is the lighter of the two but thats just my personal taste. It also goes really well with the leather backs. The leather backs are also of great quality and (I'm no expert) but I've been told by slickwraps that they are made form real leather. It's not hard to believe them. Just like the wooden wraps they both look and feel like the real stuff.

I've got more wraps to try out and review later in the week. I can't wait to get them all on my phone but I don't want to take these wooden ones off! More reviews coming soon but in the mean time if you have any questions just ask or check out slickwraps in out supporting vendors page or at SlickWraps.com

SlickWraps.com - iPhone Forum

Custom skins, wraps and cases for iPhones, iPads and other mobile devices @ SlickWraps.com

I also received my slick wrap (mahogany wood, if you look at photo in previous post, it's the one on top right).
I applied it just before going out of town for a family reunion.
Everyone thought it was real wood!
The wrap is made of a top quality product and the fit and finish are perfect!
I usually take my iPhone4out of the case when I get home, because the bulk won't allow it to fit into my charger stands or clock radio. The Slick Wrap is thin enough that it fits in all my stands with no problem. I don't even have to switch out charger adapter plates.
It is slim enough that a few of my cases will still fit, but the only reason I would cover this beauty is for drop protection at work.

This thing is SAWEEET!

Slick wrap has raised the bar in this field!

Thanks Slick Wrap and keep up the Great work!

I finally bit the bullet and ordered the Black Carbon Fiber Wrap from Slickwraps after reading many of the reviews of this product. Like many, if not all of the other reviewers, I am very happy with the product.

Not to parrot the other raves, I must say the quality is top-notch. Not a mere sticker with no texture like other wraps. Thicker than full body screen/back protectors like Zagg but not thick enough to add any bulk. Wrap will definitely protect phone from any scratches.

The fit of the front and back pieces were perfect but the sides were cut just a tad long. I had a slight problem with the longer piece that went over the volume/mute buttons to the speakers/dock port. When I aligned the wrap over the buttons and speakers/dock port, there was some slack in between. I was able to bunch up the slack and not leave a too noticeable of a bump. Nothing major. The shorter piece over-lapped the longer piece by 1/16th of an inch. Nothing major.

The other problem I encountered (not a flaw of the wrap) was applying the wrap over a screen/back protector such as Zagg. Because of unsteady hands, the first few tries in applying the wrap required readjusting. When lifting the wrap up, it pulled the protectors up also, stretching out the narrow strips by the proximity sensor on the front and the camera/flash on the back. This forced me to remove the back protector entirely not that I need it with the Slickwrap in place. I also cut off the top potion of the screen protector during the application of the front wrap leaving the screen protected. I am a firm believer that screen protectors will help keep screens from shattering on short drops but I am not willing to purposely test it.

Overall, this wrap is very stylish with many different colors/textures to choose from while still offering some protection to your precious phone. This wrap keeps the phone streamline and shows off the sleek design that many of us love. I look forward to trying out some of the other lines available such as leather, wood and metal in the future.

I've been trying a few different wraps this week and will be reviewing them shortly.

I have the same problems as you with the carbon fiber sides. I think it is because when applying them and trying to get them perfect (taking them off and on several times) it can be easy to stretch it. I've got the brushed metal one on now and loving it you won't be dissapointed if you decide to get it...

Dammit Janet! Lol. It was a toss up between the carbon fiber and the brushed metal and the carbon fiber won. How is tue texture with the metal series? Is it slick or is there some grip to it?

The texture is what you would expect from real brushed metal. Just like the carbon fiber it's not just a sticker. I wouldn't say there is much grip, but more than when the phone is naked...

Are the wraps for the metal and wood series thicker than the carbon fiber series?

Thanks for the info in advance.

I have a question: If for example, you decide to remove the wraps from your iPhone, where would you stick/keep it so that you can put it back on again if you feel like it?

I have a question: If for example, you decide to remove the wraps from your iPhone, where would you stick/keep it so that you can put it back on again if you feel like it?

I would just keep the original backing the wrap came with and reuse it when the time arises.

As maxwell said you keep the original backing.

There is no noticeable difference in thinkness between the wooden, metal or carbon fiber skin. My case still fits perfectly with them all...

Just a quick update on my carbon fiber slickwrap.

I have received nothing but compliments about the wrap with some folks going as far as saying they are getting themselves a set. I have found the wrap to be true as advertised in preventing scratches and such.

I did, however, encountered another problem. Although one can apply the wrap over a screen protector, you will find removing it from the protector without damaging the wrap or the protector quite challenging. Me lacking patience, I ruined my full body protector for the back of the phone but the slickwrap piece remained undamaged. But I tore the narrow strips on the front slickwrap piece. This is more my fault than a flaw of the product. If you are planning to change your wraps according to your mood, I would NOT apply the front piece over a screen protector. I think its impossible to get the narrow strips off without tearing them.

This is just my personal experience with the product.

I managed to get the wraps of from the screen protector without damaging either. You are right though it is trick and does take patience...

Just received a second set of Slickwraps to try out. This one is the Brushed Steel full body wrap from the Metal Series. Once again, Slickwraps did not disappoint. Starting with the material, I do not believe it is thicker than the carbon fiber wrap but it is stiffer and more easy to manage when applying. It is precision cut so it fit perfectly. It didn't stretch when adjusted or removed. Again, there was no residue left behind when removed. The finished product does look like brushed metal. Although the carbon fiber has more of a gripping texture to it, the metal series smoother but not as smooth as going naked. I don't know if this is standard now, but all of the openings were popped out already so I didn't have to search high and low for a tiny screwdriver like I did for my first install. The Apple logo as well as the home button were still within the sheets giving you the option of removing them or not. These are big enough to pop out by hand.

I have had the carbon series on for about 2 weeks now and not one scratch or ding on my phone but tons of compliments. I expect the metal series offers the same protection and will turn as many heads.

Overall, I love the look and feel of the Metal Series Slickwrap. It gives the iPhone owner who is a minimalist an option when it comes to protecting the phone while still keeping it sleek and refine without a bulky case. Slickwraps might want to add to their inventory, different color Apple logos for those who like to change it up a bit.

Now, if I can only get my hands on one of their Executive Series to try out...lol.

Here is a quick update on the protective quality of the metal series SlickWraps.

I just inadvertently tested it by dropping my phone from about 4 feet high onto concrete. It hit squarely on the corner by the headphone jack. Absolutely NO damage to phone. Screen stayed intact. Only damage to the side strip of the SlickWraps itself but it is more than a fair trade off. Gonna see if applying a little heat to the wrap will return it to it's original state.

Thanks SlickWraps for saving my phone!