What's new

Siri not good as google

i have both siri and google. both have there strong and weak points. but overall i have to say google is better.

Well, the thing is Apple don't have as much tine as Google to revise over their systems and products, they only get a year for the next release and finish one product off and jump to the next one and will tweak it if they find a problem on the iOS which is major not minor ones such as accent. Unlike Android & Google who release a new product with the same OS and take a while to patch up that OS. Apple always think about the year ahead and Siri isn't that old, I agree it does need some work, but in my opinion Siri is better than Google no critisim.

Many Thanks,
ASSASINATERZ

Hi
So there is an app in App Store from google can do the same thing that Siri can do ? What's the app called? Thank you

I have a fairly thick aussie accent and I find google never understands me, Siri seems to hear me easier.

Hi
So there is an app in App Store from google can do the same thing that Siri can do ? What's the app called? Thank you
Siri is the Apple virtual assistant. The one that runs on Android is a Google product as is Android. No apps, these are baked into the operating systems.

Siri is the Apple virtual assistant. The one that runs on Android is a Google product as is Android. No apps, these are baked into the operating systems.
Google Voice is available from the U.S. App Store as a stand alone app for iOS devices.

Yes but that isn't the same thing, it works better on an Android phone, doesn't it?

Yes but that isn't the same thing, it works better on an Android phone, doesn't it?
I don't have an Android phone and don't live in the U.S. So I can't personally say how the iOS app and the Android version compare.

For general Internet searches, in my experience, Google beats Siri hands down. There have been many times that I first tried Siri and when it couldn't understand me, or gave me unhelpful answers, I went to Google with excellent results. Most of the time I now just go straight to Google. Siri works okay for voice dialing and that sort of thing.

I have pretty much given up on Siri. I have found "her" useless. Google "talk" which is available on any platform (turn on the mic in Google search), works better for me for everything except being a "personal assistant".

I will be using Google maps app for business locations. Siri is hit or miss in Wilmington,NC. Example - there are several Dunkin Donuts in Wilmington, but when I ask Siri for the nearest DD she tells me it's 45 miles away in SC! Really?