What's new

Siri calls me wrong name!

CIAO

Reaction score
I hope you can help me fix this...it's driving me nuts.

Siri calls me the wrong name. I logged in to my iTunes account and updated my account information. Previously my husband's name was on my account in the credit card field. I'm wondering if Siri learned "my name" there? After making the change and syncing, Siri still calls me my husband's name.

When I told Siri to call me "Jane" instead, she confirmed that she would, but then brought up my husband's contact info and gave him the nickname "Jane"!! So something is not working correctly.

Help!

Hi,

Not sure if you already have figured it out or not. But I had the same issue. My phone kept on calling me 'Mom' which drove me nuts. Here is what to do to fix it: Settings -> General -> Siri -> My Info and then select yourself. That's it.

Hope that helped.

Just ask siri " who am i" and she will tell you who she thinks you are. If it is not correct go to Settings:Siri:My Info

Thank you - that info easily corrected my issue with this, too!

This doesn't work for me. It shows my husband's name so I select mine and it keeps his. Even if I try to select someone else, it lets me, but when I go back to change it to me, I select myself and it puts my husband's name in.

Never mind. Once I deleted him as a contact, then it allowed me to select myself. Now I just have to add him back in.

Hi,

Not sure if you already have figured it out or not. But I had the same issue. My phone kept on calling me 'Mom' which drove me nuts. Here is what to do to fix it: Settings -> General -> Siri -> My Info and then select yourself. That's it.

Hope that helped.
Thank you very much! I was getting tired of being called "Brenda!"