What's new

Simple set-up for my phone...

LeeB

Reaction score
I have a 5s and I would like to have a very simple set-up. I am very Data use limited.

All I want is to use a email (that I check when I want) and for nothing and I mean nothing to go to the cloud... Yes I know how to use Siri and Safari and I will use it when I want. I will not use the GPS feature or any of that...

Please tell me how NEVER have the Cloud on and how to do the Email.... Please keep it simple because MY gray matter is really limited....

Thanks LeeB

If you don't use iCloud, and it's already set up on your iPhone, go to Settings - iCloud. Scroll to the bottom, disable Find my iPhone (if it's enabled) and sign out of the account.

In Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars - Fetch New Data, disable Push and select "Manually" in Fetch.
In Mail (below Fetch New Data), disable Load Remote Images.

In Settings - Cellular - Use Cellular For: disable everything that shouldn't use your data.

In Settings - Notifications, disable "Allow Notifications" for every app that shouldn't give a sound, or appear on your screen when something is happening.

Turn off Background App Refresh in Settings - General.

In Settings - Privacy, turn off Location Services.

Hope that helps.

If you don't use iCloud, and it's already set up on your iPhone, go to Settings - iCloud. Scroll to the bottom, disable Find my iPhone (if it's enabled) and sign out of the account.

In Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars - Fetch New Data, disable Push and select "Manually" in Fetch.
In Mail (below Fetch New Data), disable Load Remote Images.

In Settings - Cellular - Use Cellular For: disable everything that shouldn't use your data.

In Settings - Notifications, disable "Allow Notifications" for every app that shouldn't give a sound, or appear on your screen when something is happening.

Turn off Background App Refresh in Settings - General.

In Settings - Privacy, turn off Location Services.

Hope that helps.
Thanks so much I have done what you describe above....