What's new

SIM Not Supported, help me out

Chouiyekh

Reaction score
hi guys,
i will give you the whole story,
i bought an iphone 6, and i had full access to the home screen, camera and other apps without a SIM card (my sim card doesn't work, maybe need to unlock) , there is no icloud account and find my iphone : off. but after erasing the iphone, i got "SIM Not Supported" and if i setting up the iphone without SIM Card, i got "SIM Required". is there a way to reset the iphone as it was, like an ipod ?

You'll need a working SIM card, just long enough to activate it. As soon as your iPhone is set up, you can remove the SIM card.

If you get the message that the SIM card is not supported, it means the iPhone is locked to a carrier. To activate the iPhone after a restore, you'll need to insert a SIM card from whatever carrier it's locked to. This may mean trying several SIM cards until you find one that works.

You'll need a working SIM card, just long enough to activate it. As soon as your iPhone is set up, you can remove the SIM card.
the problem is, i don't have any sim card to activate it, all the sim cards which i have doesn't work

If you get the message that the SIM card is not supported, it means the iPhone is locked to a carrier. To activate the iPhone after a restore, you'll need to insert a SIM card from whatever carrier it's locked to. This may mean trying several SIM cards until you find one that works.
in my country there is 3 networks, i tried the 3 sim cards but no one works,

We're the 3 SIMs from each carrier? If so there is a good chance your phone is from somewhere else and locked to a carrier there.

You may be able to do an IMEI search to see (I've never done one so cannot say it will work) what network it is locked to

in my country there is 3 networks, i tried the 3 sim cards but no one works,

We're the 3 SIMs from each carrier? If so there is a good chance your phone is from somewhere else and locked to a carrier there.

You may be able to do an IMEI search to see (I've never done one so cannot say it will work) what network it is locked to
It certainly looks like your iPhone is locked to a carrier from outside your country. When your iPhone was usable before the restore, did you ever go to Settings>General>About and check out the Carrier heading? This would have told you what carrier the iPhone is locked to.

yes i tried 3 SIMs from each carrier.
that's what i found (see picture)
is it means that my iphone is locked to O2 UK ?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    217.8 KB · Views: 582
It certainly looks like your iPhone is locked to a carrier from outside your country. When your iPhone was usable before the restore, did you ever go to Settings>General>About and check out the Carrier heading? This would have told you what carrier the iPhone is locked to.
i can't use my iphone right now, but see the picture attached and what do you think ? and what are the available solutions ?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    217.8 KB · Views: 560
You'll need to get an O2 SIM card in order to activate your iPhone.
so this solution is not helpful, i think it's better to unlock it on cellunlocker website but what i don't know is : if i unlock it, i'll able to activate my iphone using my sim card ?

There are quite a few sites promising to unlock iPhones, but they are scam sites. It's possible that they make money from you, or install adware or other kinds of malware on your computer, when you try using their service.

The only secure way to unlock this device, is to contact the carrier, and request an unlock. This site will help:
How to unlock your iPhone

There are quite a few sites promising to unlock iPhones, but they are scam sites. It's possible that they make money from you, or install adware or other kinds of malware on your computer, when you try using their service.

The only secure way to unlock this device, is to contact the carrier, and request an unlock. This site will help:
How to unlock your iPhone
yes i agree with you but cellunlocker is a trusted service, i think i will give it a try