What's new

Sim carrier not supported in iPhone 5

2003babaz

Reaction score
9D70B39E-FD13-4DC5-8976-7229BF8F71AA.jpg
I mistakenly reset my fully operated iPhone 5 afterwards on sim requirement, it showed not supported whereas before appearing into it , it shows signals of sim carrier . But now its locked.

That’s the message you see when your iPhone is locked to a different carrier than the one that issued your SIM card. You’ll have to get whatever carrier it’s locked to to unlock it.

Did you at sometime in the past have the iPhone unlocked? If so, was it unlocked by the carrier it was locked to?
If it was unofficially unlocked, that might explain what happened.

Last edited:
It was officially unlocked and earlier I been using my US sim , later I kept using Pakistan’s sim.
Since, it was not in use for pretty much time.
Before going to
Reset it this time, I made new Apple ID and other social media stuff like Whatsapp, Viber and also received regular voice calls on it [emoji17]

I didn’t know what seriously went wrong, many times, I go for resetting my iPhones. But what made it carrier locked, its question for me.

I didn’t know what seriously went wrong, many times, I go for resetting my iPhones. But what made it carrier locked, its question for me.
Do you live close enough to an Apple Store to the the iPhone in for a Genius Bar appointment? They could run a diagnostic to see if there may be a hardware fault that's causing the problem.

No, I’m Pakistan based. How can I can overcome this problem?