What's new

Signal strength data speeds And battery worse than EVO. Any tips?

Mamiamjo

Reaction score
I had a choice of an iPhone or Blackberry for work. I got an iPhone 4s ( goingfrom EVO), but notice my signal keeps reverting to 1X instead of 3G which wasn't an issue with my EVO. Also I know that with the EVO you could update the PRL, but can't seem to figure out how to do so on the iPhone. Is there a way to do this?

Battery also is worse than EVO. I've turned off wifi, location services, adjusted brightness and only fetch email every half hour. I can only get 8 hrs out of the battery with only moderate use. Any tips on how to get more life from the battery?

I had a choice of an iPhone or Blackberry for work. I got an iPhone 4s ( goingfrom EVO), but notice my signal keeps reverting to 1X instead of 3G which wasn't an issue with my EVO. Also I know that with the EVO you could update the PRL, but can't seem to figure out how to do so on the iPhone. Is there a way to do this?

anybody?
This is killing me, I can't even open a web page most of the time unless I'm on wifi? I never had this much trouble with my EVO, is there something wrong with my phone?

Mamiamjo said:
anybody?
This is killing me, I can't even open a web page most of the time unless I'm on wifi? I never had this much trouble with my EVO, is there something wrong with my phone?

Guessing it's the network. I leave wifi turned on because Sprints 3G is so bad here.

Guessing it's the network. I leave wifi turned on because Sprints 3G is so bad here.
See my other thread in this forum. It turns out my phone was defective. I exchanged it and the replacement is much better.

Mamiamjo said:
See my other thread in this forum. It turns out my phone was defective. I exchanged it and the replacement is much better.

In my case it isn't the phone. 3G is fine in some areas, some not. It's easier to just use wifi then battle with poor 3G speeds.

I'm lucky. I live in the city and get full bars and quick 3G speeds. I did get a defective phone though for my first one. Now on my second and no issues.

I've read online that having wifi connected saves some battery. Check out the specs on apple.com. Think it was 8hrs on wifi and 6hrs on 3G

Leaving Wi-Fi connected does save your battery to update your PRL she can do that On a Sprint phone by going to your keypad and dialing pound pound update pound will
Update your phone as needed