What's new

Siberian Tiger

Siberian Tiger

Reaction score
Hi all...

Have 44 yo and I am from Lisbon/Portugal

Currently using iPhone 5 Black (allways black) 64Gb, iPad with retina display and iPod Touch with 64Gb.

Previously had:
- iPhone 4S Black 32Gb
- iPhone 4 Black 8Gb
- iPhone 3 GS
- Nokia Communicator E90 (the killing of a great machine)
- Nokia Communicator 9500
- Nokia Communicator 9210
- Nokia Communicator 9110
- Nokia Communicator 9000

About the new IOS7, I must say, that I really hate the new look (hate new icons and really hate the white background of apps, like notes and so on)... And more I know of IOS7, more I feel that I won't upgrade my IOS equipments from IOS6... and probably my iPhone5 will be the last iPhone that I bought... cause if it was to have a Windows Phone or an Android one look, there was at the market equipments less expensive and with similar look...

Welcome. I actually like the new features that were shown. Of course, until they push it out to us, I'll reserve my judgement. I really like the ability to stop unwanted calls and text.

I really like the ability to stop unwanted calls and text.

I have been doing that with function "Do not disturb" from IOS 6, where I have severall groups made with people that I allow the equipment to give alert... and when I whant to be off completly, I just turn on "Flight Mode" and let Wi-Fi do the work (ok Viber and Skype still can communicate, but I just shut down both too).

The new functions, won't make me to upgrade, cause the look really sucks, it seems drawings from my kid of 13yo, well I believe that if it was him doing, he would have done better... Also I believe that if Jobs came alive again, when he was allways searching for the best look of Apple goods, he would die again with this all new look... The Jony guy could be the best industrial designer, the best software designer, but he really need to go to a college of arts to learn how Apple transform the ugly into beautifull...
This reminds me when Nokia killed their best equipment with the launch of E90 (software crashing, ugly colours - red and brown, without fax option and so on), cause they didn't heard their loyal consumers, and now it seems that Apple is doing the same, I never saw no one complaining about the icons or the apps looks in IOS, the only thing that consumers whanted was more widgets and the possibility to have some functions that were present at Android and Windows Phone (reason why so many of them usualy used jailbreaking)... Apple could have done that without loosing the excelent look.
When I moved from Communicators, I have made severall test drives with diferent equipments and OS; I tested the BB, Samsung with Android, a Windows mobile equipment and an iPhone 3GS, and at that time my option gone for the 3GS due to it's best looking and security... it seems now that the only good looking that equipments from Apple will have, will be the hardware which were approved by Jobs, cause the OS look sucks... They haven't learned the lesson with Maps app, where I am using the Google Maps...

Also they forgot a "If it works and if it sells don't mess with it"

Last edited:
Welcome from a newbie

Can't say I am a fan of the new icons, but I'm excited to see iOS 7. I definitely can't wait to see it at least. If you try it after the bugs are worked out maybe you'll feel better about it?

It's not only the icons, but the apps itself look akward... take the example of the one that I most use, Notes (white background, and white background it's in everything, it could be a good look for white iPhone, but for guys, like myself that like the black one it's not the best colour...) and the choice of the font, also is not the best... I have IOS 7 beta instaled on a test equipment, cause I have made some internal apps for our company on my spare time... but haven't touched it much due to new look, thing that didn't happened when IOS 6 beta was launched, was allways using it, searching for new functions and so on...

Last edited:
Well I just got this pic from other place... at least it's an improvement if this is true...

Attachments

• $998141_612518788767748_732896569_n.jpg
    $998141_612518788767748_732896569_n.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 288