What's new

SHSH Blobs - Frequently Asked Questions

okk so now howa about if downgrade from iOS 5.0 to iOS 4.3.3 ..there is no change or downgrade of the baseband 04.11.08 ??....so now how can i do i want to activate my iphone with gevey ...and the gevey accept the last baseband only that 04.10.01 ...??? ..plz anyone tell me a solution for that proplem :S

michael1990 said:
okk so now howa about if downgrade from iOS 5.0 to iOS 4.3.3 ..there is no change or downgrade of the baseband 04.11.08 ??....so now how can i do i want to activate my iphone with gevey ...and the gevey accept the last baseband only that 04.10.01 ...??? ..plz anyone tell me a solution for that proplem :S

No. You cannot downgrade the baseband and 04.11.08 can't be unlocked. No solution as things stand.

I have searched and can't find an answer for this. I am using the latest version of Tinyumbrella to back up my blobs. I did this for two different devices. Next I moved the blobs to another directory, deleted the originals from the tinyumbrella .shsh directory (along with the known devices), and started all over. I saved the blobs again. They had the same names as the ones I saved the first time, but when I did a file compare between them (the ones from the same device) they did not match. So thinking maybe I did something wrong the first time, I repeated the prcocess of putting the newly saved blobs in another place and once again started over. Again, the newly saved blobs do not match either of the two I previously saved. Tried it again and still getting different ones.

So is this normal or what? Shouldn't the blobs from the same device always be the same (while on the same FW)? I'm concerend that should the time come to need to restore to a version no longer being signed, that it's not going to work correctly.

Last edited:
I have searched and can't find an answer for this. I am using the latest version of Tinyumbrella to back up my blobs. I did this for two different devices. Next I moved the blobs to another directory, deleted the originals from the tinyumbrella .shsh directory (along with the known devices), and started all over. I saved the blobs again. They had the same names as the ones I saved the first time, but when I did a file compare between them (the ones from the same device) they did not match. So thinking maybe I did something wrong the first time, I repeated the prcocess of putting the newly saved blobs in another place and once again started over. Again, the newly saved blobs do not match either of the two I previously saved. Tried it again and still getting different ones.

So is this normal or what? Shouldn't the blobs from the same device always be the same (while on the same FW)? I'm concerend that should the time come to need to restore to a version no longer being signed, that it's not going to work correctly.

This is normal. Stop worrying. Try restoring if you don't believe me, but there is nothing to worry about.

Ok im gona save my blobs for 4.3.5... Update to 5.0.l and save my blobs for that too. So that when the untetherd for 5.0.1 is released i allready have the blobs for the software. Is it possible for me to just switch between softwares inbetween this?

It's too late to save your blobs for 4.3.5, you can only dump them now. Also, you do not need to update to 5.0.1 in order to save your 5.0.1 SHSH. Just run the latest version of TinyUmbrella and it will save your 5.0.1 and 5.1b1 blobs even if you are on 4.3.5.

Jmills87 said:
It's too late to save your blobs for 4.3.5, you can only dump them now. Also, you do not need to update to 5.0.1 in order to save your 5.0.1 SHSH. Just run the latest version of TinyUmbrella and it will save your 5.0.1 and 5.1b1 blobs even if you are on 4.3.5.

Ahh i see i see... So even if i dumped them if needed i still couldnt use them. To restore back to 4.3.5 if i wanted? Also about the 5.0.1 i really dont have to update to have these blobs saved? Thats awesome. Does that mean even though when apple stop signing 5.0.1 and i dont update before hand ill still be able to update to it via my blobs in TU? (im still very new to JB so sorry if these are reallly dumb questions)

Not quite. At this point in time there is no way to use iOS5 SHSH blobs saved with TinyUmbrella. MuscleNerd has said that he plans on building a new feature into a future release of Redsn0w that will allow you to use the SHSH blobs from TinyUmbrella, but right now there's nothing you can do other than save them.

As far as 4.3.5 goes, you would have to dump the SHSH with iFaith, and then if you ever wanted to restore to 4.3.5 you would have to make a custom firmware with iFaith with your SHSH pre-packaged in the custom firmware and then restore that.

Jmills87 said:
Not quite. At this point in time there is no way to use iOS5 SHSH blobs saved with TinyUmbrella. MuscleNerd has said that he plans on building a new feature into a future release of Redsn0w that will allow you to use the SHSH blobs from TinyUmbrella, but right now there's nothing you can do other than save them.

As far as 4.3.5 goes, you would have to dump the SHSH with iFaith, and then if you ever wanted to restore to 4.3.5 you would have to make a custom firmware with iFaith with your SHSH pre-packaged in the custom firmware and then restore that.

Very clear breakdown.. If only everything on JB was explained this well id learn more about it alot faster lol thank you!

do anyone know how i can get the shsh blobs for 4.1 5.0 or 5.0.1 i didnt save them when downgrading to 4.1 and now my 3gs has gone tits up

4.1 is still being signed so there's no need for blobs for that firmware. 5.0 is no longer being signed and there's no way to get SHSH for it. 5.0.1 is still being signed so again, no need for blobs. You should download that latest tinyumbrella and save your 5.0.1 blobs before 5.1 is released.