What's new

Shrinking Otterbox Defender Silicone

iCrank

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to shrink the silicone case from the otterbox defender.

Why are you trying to do this? Is it stretched out and to big now?

darkstar2007 said:
I wouldn't think so! Is your silicone stretched out like mine? Lol.

Sort of. I want to fit snug. It's loose a bit

Last edited:
OK, did you think about putting it in the oven for a few just to get it warm and then in some cold water for it to shrink. Just a thought, not sure if it will work.

jbs06civicsi said:
OK, did you think about putting it in the oven for a few just to get it warm and then in some cold water for it to shrink. Just a thought, not sure if it will work.

Im not sure that will work either. Lmbo

Call otterbox and ask for a new silicone piece. You should still be under warranty. Jbs idea might work as well. Might! Lol.

Make sure you have oven cleaner near by. It will help clean up the glob of melted rubber you will soon have

zipur said:
Make sure you have oven cleaner near by. It will help clean up the glob of melted rubber you will soon have

It takes a good bit of heat to melt silicone, but I agree and still wouldn't try shrinking it in the oven. Lmao! :D

iCrank said:
That's just a crazy idea.

Calling otterbox would be your best bet. Their customer service rocks! I've had to use them twice and they sent me a replacement for my commuter and defender. No questions asked. :D!

darkstar2007 said:
Calling otterbox would be your best bet. Their customer service rocks! I've had to use them twice and they sent me a replacement for my commuter and defender. No questions asked. :D!

Really. I had to get my belt clip replaced. They sent one out quick. I'll contact them again

Does anyone know if there is a way to shrink the silicone case from the otterbox defender.
If you remove the whole otterbox using warm to hot water wash it with dawn dish soap both the rubber and the plastic dry it real good and put the rubber on the air conditioner vent let the plastic set out to dry good and its like new again. I did it for several otterboxes and it works great.

ibroken said:
If you remove the whole otterbox using warm to hot water wash it with dawn dish soap both the rubber and the plastic dry it real good and put the rubber on the air conditioner vent let the plastic set out to dry good and its like new again. I did it for several otterboxes and it works great.

Better than grilling it. Remember remove phone first,