What's new

Show Your Home Screens

OK - cancel all [emoji20] Neither new clock lasted until supper time far less overnight. Back to the trusty 'Widget Toolbox clock'

LOL...Hey it’s Fun to Try New Ways [emoji6]
You never really know unless you test it out sometimes.

LOL...Hey it’s Fun to Try New Ways [emoji6]
You never really know unless you test it out sometimes.

IMG_3558.png

And on that note......let's see...

The clock I found yesterday afternoon in Widgetopia worked all night so may be a keeper. I like 'simple & orderly' but it's not OCD or persnickity to expect a clock to work properly. Now I'm happy [emoji40]

Well my nice digi-analogue quit twice this afternoon needing re-install to revive. I'm going to trial another two as stacked overnight. This is too familiar a road but maybe I'll find a keeper this time.
IMG_3562.png

Next is my alternative but I think it looks a bit 'serious'

Further to the 'Clock Conundrum'. And the Survey says :
IMG_3566.jpg

I had stacked 3 ( the pretty blue Widgetopia Digi-analogue I liked, the serious lookingn one with the location & time zone on the display, and this one.) All from different Apps. Widgetopia predictably froze oivernight, so I deleted it for good. The serious looking somewhat military style got jumpy and froze mid-morning, and this simple clock is still going good - so it stays. [emoji106][emoji106]

Last edited:
Further to the 'Clock Conundrum'. And the Survey says : View attachment 52717
I had stacked 3 ( the pretty blue Widgetopia Digi-analogue I liked, the serious lookingn one with the location & time zone on the display, and this one.) All from different Apps. Widgetopia predictably froze oivernight, so I deleted it for good. The serious looking somewhat military style got jumpy and froze mid-morning, and this simple clock is still going good - so it stays. [emoji106][emoji106]

I think the only Analog Clock widget that doesn't have any issues is the Apple stock version. Unfortunately it o has a white background during the day.
IMG_0220.png

Last edited:
I think the only Analog Clock widget that doesn't have any issues is the Apple stock version. Unfortunately it only has a white background.
View attachment 52718

I have tried the  clock widget several times hoping that in lieu of any customization options it would simply 'go or stay dark faced ' when in 'dark mode' on the phone. ( always for me). If it did it would be a no-brainer. I have checked that with every iOS update to see if its been changed that way - but so far nope. The bright white not only messes up my screen & hurts my eyes, it 'shines through' way too brightly on the Today Screen and even on App Library. That's fixable but then I get the distinct Dock back - so I simply use what I can find in lieu. Not worth losing sleep over though.